Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

i need positive nfp stories please! i know it's kinda ot

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM
  • 42 Replies

we were using FAM to try to achieve pregnancy which led me to a dr who took me seriously on my health issues. now i have been taught creighton model charting by this dr's office to obtain health information for a diagnosis. but we are basically out of time to ttc unless we go out on a super limb of faith and i'm not sure i want to do that. so i need positive preventing stories about any form of nfp. i feel like i'm being forced into this method since i can't handle bc ,and from everything i've read i hate nfp from a preventitive perspective. 10 days without sex plus an 8 day period and occasional spotting just does not sound like there will ever be time for sex. and yes there are condoms. but dh hates them. so what can i do?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Notes:

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM

diaphragm?

RochelleFS
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM

We use nfp for oth preventing and trying. My cycles are typically very regular and predictable. We use a 5 day "not safe" window before o and 1 day after for preventing. We either abstain or use condoms during that time. Af typically only last about 3 day for me, so we end up with about 9 days of the month with no sex. Not too bad imo.

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Lucky. I've never had a regular cycle

Quoting RochelleFS:

We use nfp for oth preventing and trying. My cycles are typically very regular and predictable. We use a 5 day "not safe" window before o and 1 day after for preventing. We either abstain or use condoms during that time. Af typically only last about 3 day for me, so we end up with about 9 days of the month with no sex. Not too bad imo.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Magnolia7
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I've used NFP for both preventing and conceiving.  I started after my son was born in '07 and got pregnant in August after starting trying in April of this year.  There were two years in there where I was separated/divorced and celibate.  But for the other three-ish years it has worked well for me. 

I learned it using the previous version of NFP and refreshed when I got married again with the newest version.  The newest one seems much simpler and more user-friendly.  At first there are a lot of days where you are supposed to abstain.  But after you learn your body and it's patterns that window gets smaller.  For me, being free from hormonal contraception has made it worth the intitial learning curve.

RochelleFS
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM

That definitely makes it harder ecause it adds more days to the not safe time. :(

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Lucky. I've never had a regular cycle

Quoting RochelleFS:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

just wanted to say good luck!

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Part of the problem im having is all this crap about the no sex time building your relationship. Umm no. The lady who taught me fertility care is Catholic. I'm not. I don't believe that abstaining from sex builds your relationship at all.

Quoting Magnolia7:

I've used NFP for both preventing and conceiving.  I started after my son was born in '07 and got pregnant in August after starting trying in April of this year.  There were two years in there where I was separated/divorced and celibate.  But for the other three-ish years it has worked well for me. 

I learned it using the previous version of NFP and refreshed when I got married again with the newest version.  The newest one seems much simpler and more user-friendly.  At first there are a lot of days where you are supposed to abstain.  But after you learn your body and it's patterns that window gets smaller.  For me, being free from hormonal contraception has made it worth the intitial learning curve.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM

sex isn't the only aspect of a relationship. its important yes, but focusing on a few other things won't kill the relationship. I typically have a 5day period, which i never had sex on my period anyways and go for a total of a 5 day around O to avoid pregnancy. Hubby and I don't feel like we're dying. Espeially when we think how we'd really nee have time for sex with 20 little ones running around, which would happen if we didn't do this! First month is hardest, it gets easier!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Part of the problem im having is all this crap about the no sex time building your relationship. Umm no. The lady who taught me fertility care is Catholic. I'm not. I don't believe that abstaining from sex builds your relationship at all.

Quoting Magnolia7:

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I agree its not the only aspect of a relationship. But I don't think avoiding sex promotes those other aspects.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

sex isn't the only aspect of a relationship. its important yes, but focusing on a few other things won't kill the relationship. I typically have a 5day period, which i never had sex on my period anyways and go for a total of a 5 day around O to avoid pregnancy. Hubby and I don't feel like we're dying. Espeially when we think how we'd really nee have time for sex with 20 little ones running around, which would happen if we didn't do this! First month is hardest, it gets easier!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting Magnolia7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Maybe it's the difference in our cycles, but we never abstain for 10 days, more like 5ish depending on the the cervical fluids that cycle, and the first 2-3 days of my period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)