Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help quick please!!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM
  • 18 Replies

My sister in law's son is severely constipated. She has tried prune juice, fruits, and warm baths. Her son is almost 3. He is very uncomfortable, and cannot poop.

Natural remedies please!! 

He frequently experiences this, and they have really limited his dairy. What else can they be doing to help him with his regular diet?

by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soulofsunmama
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Daily oatmeal with backstrap molasses really helps with frequent poo, and it's consistency
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM
My daughter always got constipated when she ate blueberries. Took us forever to figure iout that was causing it. We thought it was dairy too, but cutting that out didn't help any.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Try an epsom salt bath and some magnesium.

Hope he feels better soon!

Amycapl
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM

try cutting back on meats, too. havoc to the digestive system.

GoodyBrook
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM

If you incorporate probiotics into his daily diet, his GI tract should work out the kinks on its own...  We drink daily kefir smoothies with great results...

And I second Mrs.Salz' suggestion of using magnesium supplements to loosen stool.  Epsom Salts can be taken dissolved in water to get a laxative affect...

SAHM927
by Lesly on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

What a strange thing to cause constipation! Glad you figured that out. They need to figure this out.. he is in quite a bit of pain. And this happens pretty frequently.

Quoting purvislets:

My daughter always got constipated when she ate blueberries. Took us forever to figure iout that was causing it. We thought it was dairy too, but cutting that out didn't help any.

SAHM927
by Lesly on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I definitely told her to get him on a probiotic. She has tried kefir and he does not like it al all. Thanks!

Quoting GoodyBrook:

If you incorporate probiotics into his daily diet, his GI tract should work out the kinks on its own...  We drink daily kefir smoothies with great results...

And I second Mrs.Salz' suggestion of using magnesium supplements to loosen stool.  Epsom Salts can be taken dissolved in water to get a laxative affect...

SAHM927
by Lesly on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I think this is the issue.. he has red meats a lot. She said a few days ago he had steak for two nights in a row. I think his body is having a hard time with that.

Quoting Amycapl:

try cutting back on meats, too. havoc to the digestive system.

SAHM927
by Lesly on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM

They have tried warm baths but not with epsom salt (i told her he could drink it for a laxative). I suggested magnesium as well. It literally will get stuck.. poor guy.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Try an epsom salt bath and some magnesium.

Hope he feels better soon!

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Limit meat and dairy, and give probiotics. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)