Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaginal birth and csection at the same time!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM
  • 32 Replies
So I was just wondering if anyone else ever experienced this or if my drs were just that completely and totally inept!
I went into labor with my daughter at 34 1/2 weeks (water broke) and went straight to the hospital since she was my first. I told them I didn't want an epidural but the talked me into pit by telling me it will make it go faster. Long story short, I was in labor for a total of 16 hours when my daughters heart rate dropped. Now i ended up getting an epidural at about 14 hiurs because i was passung out from the pain. They called the dr in and he said that he would give her a few minutes to level out since it wasn't that bug of a drop. He walked to the door right after he said that and looked back and said ok we are doing an emergency csection. A few hours later I'm in my room and I asked my nurse why my vagina was hurting ( since I had a section it shouldn't have been swollen or hurting) and she proceeds to tell me that when they made the cut and got in there they realized my daughters head was almost completely through my vagina so they just helped her on through since it would have caused more damage to pull her back out through the section.
I've met a couple of ladies that have had this experience at that particular hospital and I was just wondering if anyone else out there had the same awful experience and like me decided natural was the only way to go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cbreland07
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Bump
larissalarie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM
No I've never heard of anything like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Interesting
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM
I've never heard of that happening (doesn't mean it doesn't though). I hope you are able to have a natural birth and heal from your first experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Usually What I hear about is that they push the head back through and pull baby out from mom's abdomen.    (cesarean)

hugs!

lifeforchrist
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

id destroy the idiots! do a pelvic exam before taking the woman in and SEE where baby is!

joyful_mama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM

That happened to my SIL with her first. She asked to be checked before they took her to the ER and the OB refused. She had a CNM but she was out of town and so SIL got the on call OB. They filed a suit against the OB.

Quoting doulala:

Usually What I hear about is that they push the head back through and pull baby out from mom's abdomen.    (cesarean)

hugs!

rachelrothchild
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Yeah, I'd go with idiots.

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM

that is the stupidest thing i've ever heard! i would have sued their pants off.

FebPenguins
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Did they "win"? Just wondering if the dr admitted they did "wrong"?

Quoting joyful_mama:

That happened to my SIL with her first. She asked to be checked before they took her to the ER and the OB refused. She had a CNM but she was out of town and so SIL got the on call OB. They filed a suit against the OB.

Quoting doulala:

hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)