Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ready to give up

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poo free.

I attempted using dr bronners, I have shoulder length hair and just don't think I can take any more. I am loosing hair at a very alarming rate, and I can't deal. All the hair that is away from my scalp is extreamly tangles, weighted down and greasy as all get out. I knew this was "normal" for a while, but after weeks of trying I am very tempted to get back to "real" shampoo. I didn't really want to fail at this. :(

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikzup03
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Hi. What was/is your routine? I know water type plays a role, too. I use distilled or cooled boiled because our water is hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM
If your using Dr Bronners you're still "shampooing". That's still soap that strips your hair of natural oils :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Quoting larissalarie:

If your using Dr Bronners you're still "shampooing". That's still soap that strips your hair of natural oils :-)

That's what I was afraid of!

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM

i quit too. sorry i'm no help. i like my hair the way it is shampooed. lol

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Im still doing no-poo but im doing the baking soda and vinegar one. Its working great for me, my hair is mid back length and naturally wavy/curly

Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I've tried no-poo twice and given up both times. I just can't get past the transition stage.

There's a lot of different natural shampoos and soaps you can try instead.

FebPenguins
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I've tried no-poo twice and given up both times. I just can't get past the transition stage.

I wonder why it is so hard? Because we have done is so long? I gave in and had to scour for some sample sizes!!

nikzup03
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM
I do the baking soda and apple cider vinegar. I only had one day transition about 2 weeks in. I didn't start skipping days between washing until about 2-3 months in when my hair started getting used to the idea. I have oily hair, so my routine is two cups distilled water (separated) each with 3.5 tsp (I jut use a reg spoon to measure) bs and use one cup for half my hair and the other for the other half. I only need to use the acv sparingly. And when I do it's about 1 tbsp in a cup of distilled water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I wonder why it is so hard? Because we have done is so long? I gave in and had to scour for some sample sizes!!

I have no idea. I religiously shampoo my hair everyday though because it's light blonde and looks greasy really fast. I can't go more than 24 hours or it looks terrible, even in a ponytail or something.

My sister's hair is very similar and she went 6 weeks no poo with still no success.

I've heard some people will start by washing their hair every 2-3 days instead of everyday, and gradually space out the shampoo washings and adjust their hair that way. I think it takes longer though.

Sarah725
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I understand I gave up on it to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)