Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

germaphobes

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm looking for some natural minded articles to help a friend. She has a 7 week old baby but still hasn't left her house with the baby or let anyone meet the baby. The baby is healthy and Breastfeeding about 25% of the time. I'd like to help ease her fears.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mmccrea
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:20 AM

http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/germs-and-babies.aspx

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:47 AM

IDK.. I am a bit of a germaphobe anyways, and if I were only nursing one-fourth of the time I would probably be even more concerned about germs, LOL. BUMP for the less germaphobic..  :o) 

hapababies
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Could she possibly having some post partum depression? Or perhaps if she had germaphobia before having her baby, postpartum hormones could be making it worse. I have anxiety, but the first 3 months pp are when my anxiety skyrockets.
Perhaps a professional can be arranged to come to her house to hell her with her fears and anxiety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Im no help here, Im a two time preemie mom and once my boys were released from the NICU I took them everywhere I had to go and couldnt stand to stay inside all the time. 

JoJoBean8
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM
I liked getting my babies out. It's more germy inside then out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
H.I.S.
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM

BUMP!

Sarah725
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

yay I would wonder about postpartum depression for her in this case? Have hand sanitizer on hand for when needed, maybe that would help her live a little.

jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM
LOL same here. My kids have turned me into one. They get sick so often and so much worse than other people.

I always took my kids out within days of birth. I never worried about it but they were less likely to get sick anyways because they were 100% BF

Quoting catholicmamamia:

IDK.. I am a bit of a germaphobe anyways, and if I were only nursing one-fourth of the time I would probably be even more concerned about germs, LOL. BUMP for the less germaphobic..  :o) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)