Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would you deal

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:37 AM
  • 30 Replies

If your husband wanted to circ and you didnt?

My husband is pretty easily swayed by things but I havent been able to sway him on this yet. up until this baby I was ok to let him make the decision but I feel now like I want to protect my poor baby (Im 30 weeks and we like to be surprised, so I have no idea if its a boy, but hoping for a boy) and his perfect body. I need ideas to sway him to leaving our child fully intact.

And what would you do if you couldn't convince him to not circ?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taurusmom88
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Hmm. Thats tough. Maybe show statistics and info how it isn't nessesary or worth the risk. Circ videos maybe? My son cried so loud during his, I've regretted it ever since. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Depends why he wants it done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I wouldn't allow it. There's just some things that should never be compromised, and to me that's one of them.
I've found that it's a touchy subject for circ'd men. They don't want to feel like there's something wrong with them. He just needs to do his research. Have him watch videos of it. Inform him of how common it is for a circ to end up botched. Tell him how it only takes a couple ounces of blood loss for a baby to bleed to death, and that atleast 117 babies die every year from it. No health organization in the world recommends it, it's billed to your insurance as a cosmetic procedure and that's even if your insurance will cover it. And then if you do get it done and your son later finds out and is extremely upset that he had no right to a whole penis, are you guys willing to handle that confrontation?
Lots of things to think about! Good luck mama :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I just wouldn't allow it. I'd give him the facts, have him watch a video or two of it being done, pictures, etc but ultimately I just won't allow it to happen. If I ever have a boy, I know that my husband is going to want him circ'd. Sorry, but no.

larissalarie
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:26 AM
If it's something you really believe in, you just have to stand firm in that. These big, forever, can't-be-undone decisions are supposed to take 2 "yes" and only 1 "no".
Just refuse to sign the consent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I'd tell him to wait until your DS is of an accountable age.  The he can pitch his best reasons for wanting to cut a portion of his son's penis off.  Then DS can make the final decision.

doulala
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Ask him why?
And then help him to see why those reasons are not safest-healthiest-best iyo.

NowImAMom...
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Ask him if he would let a stranger with sharp tools near his penis with no pain medication.

And if he says yes, at least he can't use that as a reason not to get a vasectomy LMAO

maddiesmommy5
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:58 PM

make him watch a circ video and tell him the risks. Personally if I couldnt change my SO mind then I would play the mommy card and say over my dead body! Then just not allow it but thats just me:)

KSK0811
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I'm 22 weeks and my SO wants our son circ'ed. His argument is the child being picked on for being "different" and infection. I haven't been able to sway him in the least. I don't care if he jumps on board or not, because it's not happening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)