Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CD problem

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

I was going to post in cuties with cloth booties, but apparently I was removed at some point? No clue why...

Any idea why my diapers are just not getting clean all of a sudden? I use bumgenius and the inserts are coming out stained. I have never had a problem before a couple weeks ago. I have not changed the way I wash them, so I'm really confused. I wash them every other day. I do a cold soak, hot wash and hot rinse. Do I seriously need to start washing them every single day??

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM
I don't think you need to wash them everyday. I think it's pretty normal for this to happen. I tend to strip mine every month or as needed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Are they just stained or not working right? Stains happen. If they're not absorbent as they should be, you can try boiling the inserts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM

bump

mjrex87
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Just stained, so far. I was just confused, because I've never had that problem before. Poo always came out, no problem. Now the inserts are coming out all splotched. I guess as long as it's working fine and doesn't smell, I'll try not to worry about it. I'm just anal and it really bothers me that they're not bright white anymore, lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

Are they just stained or not working right? Stains happen. If they're not absorbent as they should be, you can try boiling the inserts.

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha, yeah the brightness doesn't last long. You could try drying them in the sun, best stain remover/brightener there is!

Quoting mjrex87:

Just stained, so far. I was just confused, because I've never had that problem before. Poo always came out, no problem. Now the inserts are coming out all splotched. I guess as long as it's working fine and doesn't smell, I'll try not to worry about it. I'm just anal and it really bothers me that they're not bright white anymore, lol.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Jill - Admin on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I boil mine. It's the best way to get rid of buildup

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I don't do soaks. It seems to make the stains worse

JoJoBean8
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh and sun always helps the stains

hapababies
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
You could try a couple of extra washes without soap to see if that will take any buildup away. Sometimes my bg's get stained when my LO eats things like a lot of blueberries. The stain usually goes away after a few washes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 2:15 AM
I think I got booted from that group, too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)