Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

DTAP vaccine during late pregnancy?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  • 27 Replies

My midwife has brought it up a few times. She is highly encouraging me to get it to help protect the baby when he arrives in January. What do you all think? Is it really necessary? She is concerned because there is an outbreak in my area. :( I don't even take tylenol when preggo.......( or not preggo for that matter....lol ) I don't know how I feel about this. I thought that IF I decided to get it, I would wait until after the baby is born, but everything that I have read highly encourages it in late pregnancy because the antibodies will go to the baby before they are born. I don't see why its necessary at all though. I'm going to bf my baby, so he is already going to get antibodies, without the vax. :(

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't do it any any time, personally!

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM
6 moms liked this
There is no way in hell I would ever get any vaccine while pregnant. Especially this one.
The neuro toxins get to the baby's brain.
I will never understand why we can't eat fish while pregnant, but it's "ok" to inject tons of chemicals into our bodies.

Anyway, check the insert, it says not tested on or recommended for pregnant women.

Breastfeeding and babywearing are the best ways to prevent whooping cough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XMaybebabyX
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM
My feelings too. Ok, I was starting to think I was the crazy one for even considering not getting it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corbysmom531
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  Even my son's pediatrician said not to get it.

ceckyl
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Noo!
Ichthus
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

http://gaia-health.com/gaia-blog/2012-12-09/vaccine-pushed-on-pregnant-women-not-approved-for-pregnancy/

http://wakeup-world.com/2012/12/07/deadly-new-pertussis-strain-linked-with-whooping-cough-vaccine/

https://www.facebook.com/notes/oscars-law/draft-of-what-oscars-law-should-be/383509378400286

mrsrobin
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
No.no.no.no.no.no.no.no!

I wouldn't give that to my kids, EVER. after all my research, I found a greater risk of vaccine injury than of injury from a child getting the illness. If you and baby are healthy, don't risk further injury.
KSK0811
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I didn't get this vacc until AFTER I had my daughter. I was told it was dangerous for a pregnant woman to get this vacc.

BlessedMammaof2
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I would not even consider it. It is ironic that when I was pregnant with DS (he will be 2 in March) they would not even consider vaccinating pregnant women against it. I had it before being discharged from the hospital after delivery. My son was vaccinated against it when he was 6 weeks old.

Wouldn't you know just 3 weeks later he was hospitalized and treated for pertussis. He had actually been sick for 7-9 days before he was hospitalized and in all was sick 4-5 weeks. It was scary but he overcame it and I am so thankful he was and is breastfed. He was on oxygen because he was having difficulty breathing, lost well over a pound, and was dehydrated. Because he was breastfeeding they never pushed an IV nor any other supplements.

We have not since and will no longer vaccinate for any reason. The DTaP is known for its inefficiency.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM

ok seriously im totally confused lol all the clinics and hospitals in my area refuse to give it and any type of shot (except the flu shot) to a mom that is pregnant. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN