Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing....

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM
  • 41 Replies
4 moms liked this

Miss Ashlyn Alaia. Born Christmas morning, an unintended UC, after less than 3 hours of labor. Woke up at 5am to contractions. I got up and took a bath and timed them at 3-4 minutes apart. Called the midwife at 6 to give her a heads up that the real thing had finally begun after a week of prodromal labor. I agreed to call back in an hour to decide if she should head out. I tend to have very longg labors with my shortest prior being 12+ hours. Called her back just after 7 and agreed she woould call the team and head out. At this point I decided to shower while dh got the birth pool ready. Only a few minutes later I shouted to dh to forget the pool, she is coming now. My bag of water was bulging out and I could feel her head begin to slip down. Hubby panicked, lol, repeating I don't know what to do, over and over. He called the midwife and came in to help. While she tried to explain what to do, I hollered just catch as she quickly slipped out. The bag of water stayed intact until the last little bit of her was born and popped just as dad caught her. He passed her off to me and I put her on my chest and wrapped her in a towel. The midwife made it here 30 minutes later. She was 6lbs3oz and 20.5 inches long and already gained 5 oz by her 24 hour check up. She's nursing like a champ nearly all day. My milk already came in just a day after she was born. She is such a happy and content little one.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
damn you go mama!! loo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM

what a sweetied! Congrats! What an amazing experience!!! :)

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow!! Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM

WOW what a crazy birth! YAY for an Xmas baby

Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Congratulations :)

Amycapl
by Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM

congrats! you're my hero!

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

What an awesome Christmas gift!!! 

Congrats MAMA shes beautiful and you did great!!!! :)

Magnolia7
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

That's wonderful!  And she is so precious.  Congrats and enjoy the new baby time :)

cemcnair
by Courtney on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Merry Christmas!!! That is so wonderful :) your story brought tears to my eyes!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)