Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One good thing.

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 10 Replies

So we had a really horrible holiday season. A very close friend died on Christmas (she had been sick for a long time, but had only recently gone to the hospital, and things went from "She'll be coming home in a few weeks" to her passing in a matter of days.) And I've been sick ever since. I'm just thankful DS didn't get it too. I don't know how since I was constantly having to make him take his hands off things at the hospital. 

But anyhow, the good news is that SO is still on board with TTC this year (if anything, he's more enthusiastic now than he was a few weeks ago.), and he's finally willing to consider a home birth! After DS was born, we were in agreement that we did not want to go back to the local hospital, and that a hospital is often not the best place for a healthy mother experiencing normal childbirth. However, he was insisting that meant a birth center. Which I can get on board with, but we live in BFN, and it's an hour and a half drive to the nearest birth center. Which isn't really my idea of a good time in labor, but whatever, I would drive 6 hours in labor not to go back to the hospital. But now he's finally saying that if we can show him that it can be done safely at home, he will get on board. Which if this pregancy goes as smoothly as DS, shouldn't be a problem at all. So that is my happy dance for the week. 

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I am sorry for your loss.. :o( 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                         ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM

It is good your husband is being more understanding, though! 

jconney80
by Group Mod on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:12 AM
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend =( Good news about hubby being on board though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peera
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Thank you. I have to admit, I feel more than a bit lost without her. She was my doula at my last birth, and after we realized she wasn't going to make it, I had some very selfish "I don't know how to have a baby without her!" times. And she's the one I always go to if I need to get something off my chest about SO because they'd known each other so long, she always had advice about how to handle him. But the fact is that while I am filled with a huge sense of loss, she had been in pain for over 12 years, and I am grateful that she doesn't feel that pain or have to struggle anymore. 

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM

hugs 

Quoting Peera

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Im sorry for your loss

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Glad hubby is on board!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
So sorry for your loss.
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Good luck TTC!!
Peera
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Thank you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)