Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
I watched it, skeptically, for the first time tonight. I LOVED it!! I had no idea what I was going to see and to be honest the fact Ricki Lake was in it kind of turned me off (I remember her show from the 90s time frame..)

Dh watched one birth toward the end with me. I fully plan on having him watch the entire thing. I learned so much. I am so thankful for all of you who suggested it for him (and me)! I think this will be a great tool for him to open up to me and ask questions and for him to have questions ready to talk with the midwife. This may be just what we need to fully prepare over the next few months for our natural birth (free standing birth center)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM
She has stated she will be doing another show on the topic more geared towards intact. I read both her boys are intact

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

I became a big Ricky fan after BOBB, and was excited when I heard she was getting a show.. And then she did the circumcision topic, kinda killed the party for me.. But glad to see she is back & in the spot light to bring awareness to natural birth.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

you should watch the second one, More Business Of Being Born. 

I actually love Ricki Lake and she is a huge natural birth advocate and a doula, I even watch her show she has now. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Love BOBB! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                         ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM

And BOBB 2! 

Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you watched it!

Pregnant in America, as mentioned, is another good one - iirc it doesn't have any nude birth scenes like BOBB does so some men are more comfortable watching or starting with that one.

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Good to know! 

Quoting Mrs.Salz: Pregnant in America, as mentioned, is another good one - iirc it doesn't have any nude birth scenes like BOBB does so some men are more comfortable watching or starting with that one.

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:51 AM
Glad you liked it
peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:51 AM
You know theres a second one out now too:)
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

love bobb

OMGLasersPOWPOW
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I'm watching it right now on netflix, lol
madisonsmom2005
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I have to confess. The whole reason why I became a believer in home birth and natural parenting was because of that documentary. It really taught me a lot and now I am so glad I watched it. I would have been so blind to everything that is happening. I'm glad others feel the same way I do! :)

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)