Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
With my last labor my water broke and I didn't get contractions. After 10 hours or so I went in, they eventually gave me pitocin. Still not much happened. They finally checked me and there was a fore bag of water around her head. Once they popped that it was fast and furious labor.

I have been having lots of contractions since thanksgiving. I thought yay! My uterus will contract this time! Apparently not.

My water broke around 230 this morning. Still not much of anything yet. I really don't want a repeat of what happened last time. :(

My midwife suggested I go in around 11. Hope things pick up soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Sometimes it takes a while to go into labor after your water breaks. I didn't even start getting real contractions until over 24 hours after water breaking.

Keep us posted.
Cynthje
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM

There is no reason to rush, im sorry but you seem to have a medwife :( You can go for days with rom without issues, the key is to keep all foreign objects (yes that also means the midwifes hands) out of your vagina.

GoodyBrook
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I'm so sorry you're in this situation!  Your mental health is as important as your baby's health, so please know that you CAN find a middle ground on this delivery...

I know a gal who ruptured at 24 weeks and was on bedrest until the baby developed and could safely be born.  Amniotic fluid constantly replentishes itself, so she was able to keep enough inside her womb to keep the baby healthy, even though it would still leak out...

If you don't want a repeat of last time (and I don't blame you!) rather than agree to an induction, INSIST that they find a way to stabilize your condition...  (Even if it means bedrest with your legs above your waist for the next 3 weeks!)

YOU ARE IN CONTROL!  Take the bull by the horns and check out AGAINST MEDICAL ADVICE if you don't like the path they are leading you!  ASK for a transfer to another practitioner!

HUGS! (And keep us posted!)

Quoting AspensMama1537:

I am 36 weeks and 4 days. Everything seems to be playing out like last time. It makes me sad. But as long as baby is healthy I will be happy.

Quoting GoodyBrook:

I hope you are able to have the birth you desire!  (How far along are you?)

Please keep us posted!

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Quoting VintageWife: Bless your heart :(  I hope everything works out.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                         ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM

any updates momma

catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Quoting Cynthje: There is no reason to rush, im sorry but you seem to have a medwife :( You can go for days with rom without issues, the key is to keep all foreign objects (yes that also means the midwifes hands) out of your vagina.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                         ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

tansyflower
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

in my state they have a very specific protocol for strep b or they risk losing their liability insurance/their license.  they need to do a transfer 12 hours after water is broken if you are strep b positive.  my midwife uses the hipiwash (sp?) but her hands are tied if the baby isnt delivered by hour 12.

BUT she lets all her strep b mama's know in advance that if they choose not to tell her their water has broken then they have that option and she makes sure everyone has the wash with them for personal use before she arrives.  it sort of side steps her liability kwim?

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I would stay home til the 24 hour mark, NO internal exams, just do alot of walking and squatting.

You have an idiot midwife if she didnt tell you how to treat for group B at home!! All you need is to use certain soaps when bathing!! ARGH you have a medwife

GoodyBrook
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Bump...

AspensMama1537
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Had him. It was miserable but fast once it finally started. Once I was at a 10 he was out in 3 minutes. He had some troubles and is in the nicu. My heart is breaking.
doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:04 AM

You don't have to intervene at all.    Safest to avoid unnecessary interventions--  esp vaginal exams.

Why not wait until you are near pushing to go in?

:-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN