Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Does anyone else skip this? My first went to the 2,4,9,12,18mo checkups. They didn't help at all but tell me she's too skinny. I had to discover her gluten problems on my own, since they only reccomended steroid cream for her rashes, ans they just push vaccines.

with my second I only went to a 1wk, and 2mo checkup, she's now 8months. My mil thinks I'm a terrible parent and my children are going to die. She obviously doesn't know I don't vaccinate lol. So what are your thoughts on it? Yay or nay

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Replies (21-26):
LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM
This

Quoting TippyD:

we have started only going when she is sick. there is no need to take my healthy child in, around sick kids, and expose her to God knows what..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I think it's really important for parents to remember that while peds do provide important services, they aren't lactation consultants, behavioral therapists, sleep analysts, child psychologists, herbalists, carseat techs, etc. etc.

They practice what they know: prescription drugs, growth charts, and vaccine schedules.

Khelmoria
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:18 AM

We never did them I have five boys and have only been to the pediatrician less than ten times ever all of these were sick/recovering visits. my boys are 11,4,2&2 and 3 months. 

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I go until age 2 but my hand is forced thanks to the insurance company.

Eliots_momma
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I can't find a ped that agrees with our nanvaxing ways so I am tempted to stop going. He said at at our 9month well baby we had to do 3 vaxs or he wouldn't see him anymore :( I'm not sure what we will do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madisonsmom2005
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I have taken both of my children to their wellness visits. We do vaccinate and that is partly the reason why. The other reason is because our eldest has medical issues that have been serious at times, so we want to make sure our other child doesn't develop any issues as well. It really is a family choice. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about your choices as a parent. They are your children after all.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)