Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

advice for my toddler's TERRIBLE breath!!

Posted by   + Show Post

my three year old wakes up with the most awful morning breath i have ever smelled.  i'm not exaggerating when i tell you that it literally stinks up the whole room.  DH had been sleeping on the couch and this morning came into our room to wake us up and asked "what's that horrible smell?"  well it was DD's breath!!  she is kind of a mouth breather and her drool gets on her face (and usually my hand that she likes to lay on) and just.... marinates. gross. we brush her teeth morning and ngiht with Tom's Strawberry for kids.  anyone know if there's something else i can do about this??  i guess it doesn't REALLY matter that much... but i'd like it if i could wake up next to NORMAL morning breath in my face once in a while.....

by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Replies (11-18):
tansyflower
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:50 AM

have you had her checked for tonsil stones?

moroccanmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Only time DD had horrible breath is when she had a throat infection. I knew something was wrong...and it was a infection.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudMom2634
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Is she checked by a drs already? If it is not in her teeth and the smell remain even after having her tooth brush, consulting a drs will be the best option. Sometimes badbreath has an underlying causes so being checked by a drs will help.

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

yah probiotics for sure. there are several non dairy options for this. my ds gets like that whenever he goes awhile without eating yogurt. lol

NDFanatik
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:06 AM

My ds has NASTY breath.  Those fruity flavored toothpastes made it worse.  We have him on peppermint Spry (flouride free ftw!!) that works well :)

Amy Lynn, Loving wife, Mom to Christopher, Katherine, & Matthew, Natural Childbirth/VBAC & breastfeeding supporter & advocate.

SAHM927
by Lesly on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Another thought, bad breath can be caused by reflux too, has she had any issues with that?

Amycapl
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Quoting NDFanatik:

My ds has NASTY breath.  Those fruity flavored toothpastes made it worse.  We have him on peppermint Spry (flouride free ftw!!) that works well :)

I'm going to look for that! Thanks!

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd is like that too. We found a natural mouthwash and that has helped some. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN