Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cradle Cap? Psoriasis? Help! *pic*

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:19 AM
  • 21 Replies

My baby is 5 1/2 months old, and has had this since she was worn but it's more now and drier. They don't fall off on their own, but I tried picking them off and little bit of her hair comes off too :( she didn't even notice, which is good, but I don't want to be pulling her hair out!

What can I do to get all the flakes off? Something I can put on it? Is there a way to do it without her going bald?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graycalico
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:41 AM
You can use baby oil. My sis found a cream baby oil that worked well for my niece
Emschick38
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I used to put lots of shampoo on my DD head and rub it in with a baby brush. Some hair fell out but it was gentle and she liked it. Then I would rinse it and dry as normal.

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:37 AM
I use coconut oil on my kids. Put it on before bath time. Then use a baby brush to massage the shampoo in. Works well.
maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM

it looks like cradle cap, dd had it as well as lots of other babies. You can use baby oil if you want but coconut or olive oil works just as well. I used olive oil and just massaged it into dd head then combed it out.

AleaKat
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Cradle cap!
Warm baby oils and massage the scalp.
It'll pass. My second had it bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HopesNDreams
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM
If you are breastfeeding, breat milk clears it up.
ElyseFowler
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:47 AM
My 4yo has psoriasis and if she was older I'd say peanut oil lol but mineral oil will work also you can use a gentle naturals cradle cap shampoo they sell it at babies r us and Walmart and possibly target
Terpsichore
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM

DD (age 2) got cradle cap after I used a generic baby shampoo several times. I switched to the more expensive Aveeno baby shampoo/wash. I used baby oil to clean it up and since switching to a gentler shampoo she's stayed clear.

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM

my ds had it bad. i basically left his hair greasy with baby oil for a couple months and it went away. unfortunately at the same time his hair went from dark to blonde. i still blame the cradle cap! ;)

JaxMomma78
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Looks like cradle cap. Put olive oil on her head about A half hr before bath. Then when u shampoo, gently massage with finger nails and a soft bristle brush if u have one. When u dry use towel to scrub, too. May not all come off but if u do it every other bath time and it will be gone soon enough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)