Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Am I Beginning Labor??

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm 20 years old and 37 weeks tomorrow, expecting my first baby. My husband and I have planned a natural home-birth.

I want to know if you gals think I am beginning labor! Three days ago, I had a small amount of spotting, since then I have what feels like menstrual cramps that come and go. I have had diarrea and at least 1-2 contractions every hour or so...

Would LOVE your thougts on it!

Blessings for the New Year!

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gbcmom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like your body is doing its thing, but don't rush it. You are only 37 weeks. Be patient. And enjoy some quiet time over the next few weeks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Sounds like your body is making preparations. Don't try to push it. Just relax and enjoy this last bit of time being pregnant. 37 weeks is still early so be patient.

LevisMommy82
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Thanks for your input! No worries, Im not trying to push it, although I am pretty uncomfortable nowadays.

I am only 5' tall and weighed 100lbs before getting pregnant, so you can imagine! lol. I hope my lil man only weighs about 6lbs. ;)

ruby_jewel_04
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:28 AM
I have to say I'm a bit jealous. lol. I'm 37 Weeks with my 4th, and have no signs of my body preppin for labor at all. I'm so ready to be done. Hahaha.... This is my last baby for sure. I need my body back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 5'2 and was 95-100 lbs prepregnancy, my dd was 7lbs 9oz....she is a year old now, but I.can tell you I understand ur discomfort. I was miserable. She was four days late. :-)

Quoting LevisMommy82:

Thanks for your input! No worries, Im not trying to push it, although I am pretty uncomfortable nowadays.

I am only 5' tall and weighed 100lbs before getting pregnant, so you can imagine! lol. I hope my lil man only weighs about 6lbs. ;)

melindabelcher
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Sounds like things are getting ready could be today or 3 weeks. Goodluck hun!!!!
Brandy85412
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

could be labor.  I am 5'1 and was 86lbs before my first was born. I had my first at 37 1/2 weeks and she was 6. 12 my second was 7.12, third was 7. 8 people are always amazed at how big my babies are. Congrats an good luck! 

peaches_04
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Thats me too...both my babies were full term 5 1/2 lb babies

Quoting LevisMommy82:

LevisMommy82
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM

So a little update, the midwife had me take some Magnesium to see if my contractions, cramping, ect. would stop. So far, my body has not responded to it! Today, I am in more pain, this baby is coming soon, I can feel it!

Now, It is a mixture of excitement and feeling scared! =)

GoodyBrook
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quoting LevisMommy82:

So a little update, the midwife had me take some Magnesium to see if my contractions, cramping, ect. would stop. So far, my body has not responded to it! Today, I am in more pain, this baby is coming soon, I can feel it!

Now, It is a mixture of excitement and feeling scared! =)

I know that extra Magnesium will loosen your bowels and cause you to go to the bathroom, but I didn't know that midwives used it to stop contractions and cramping!

I'm taking a Magnesium supplement, so maybe this is why I'm at 41 weeks and 3 days with NO contractions or cramping?    ANYONE KNOW?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN