Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't Know Why....

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm camped out on the couch while Nash is watching every Disney movie known to man. I'm thankful that I love Disney because he's already watched Tarzan twice. Since I haven't done the baby experience in quite a while I'll have to get a lot of thing. So I decided to do some onine surfing. I was filled with anxiety when I saw the prices. I immediately started thinking "Can we afford this?" I started to have a mini panic attack. It was so weird. My logical brain kicked in and remembered I don't have to buy everything brand new, I know 3 couples who've had babies this year that will loan me things they don't need or use, and there is always the baby shower we're going to register for. I just couldn't get over how quickly my mood snapped from panic to totally calm. Yeesh and I'm barely 6 weeks along. Wonder how next 34 are going to be lol.

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:52 PM
It can be expensive if you make it. Lots of people give me hand me down clothes, and i get things off craigslist or rummage sales. It can be stressful, im sure you will stress out a few more times over the next few months :)
vannahmarie
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I'm sure. At least I got the first round out of my system early. I know part of me is nervous because it's been 7 years. I feel like a newbie mom.

momalee40
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Its been 15 yrs since my last and im so lost as to what products are out there. I see things and am like , wow ! Wish i had that when mine were babies !
vannahmarie
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I can totally relate. I mean 7 years isn't a long time, but I catch myself thinking they didn't have certain things back then.

Quoting momalee40:

Its been 15 yrs since my last and im so lost as to what products are out there. I see things and am like , wow ! Wish i had that when mine were babies !

Sarah725
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM
It will be fun, the swings now are so nice.
melindabelcher
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM
The only things we really buy new is car seats.
We invested in a BOB duallie years ago.
Babywear, cosleep, shop at consignment stores, craigslist, freecycle. don't need every bouncer/swing/pnp/Excersauser/play mat etc.
But yes prices are soooooo expensive!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Children can get expensive.. but a fringe benefit of natural parenting is money saved!

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                         ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

JoJoBean8
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM

All you need is some cloth diapers, clothes, carseat, and a ringsling and you will be set for a good while. 

907PickleMom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:54 AM
This is a good place to start! Also thrift shop, pare down to bare necessities.. Your LO will NOT care of you do not buy the $100 baby outfit!

Quoting JoJoBean8:

All you need is some cloth diapers, clothes, carseat, and a ringsling and you will be set for a good while. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:15 AM

someone on cm said "babies are cheap, kids are expensive" and I agree. cloth diapers, your favorite carrier, a new carseat (i vote for convertible from the get go), and some second hand clothes, and a place for baby to sleep and you are all set :).

also it's common now for a baby shower if there was a long gap between your kiddos. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)