Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't leave the room without her crying

My 5 month old screams her head off every time I even look like I'm going to leave the room. She screams until I come back and pick her up, even if she can see me the whole time. She screams even if someone is holding her and I leave the room. That is on the off chance that she'll happily let someone else hold her. I'm talking quick trips out of the room- getting my 4 & 5 year olds a drink, or going to the bathroom. What can I do??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
justone_jen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd wear her.

Honestly, my ten month old has spurts of separation anxiety and while it can be really frustrating, I try to just take a deep breath and remind myself that this is temporary and that I'll miss the cuddles when she grows up and no longer needs my cuddles. 

soulofsunmama
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Lol, I've got those to!!

Quoting justone_jen:

Lol, add a few dog paws for me. 

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDFanatik
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting luvmyminiwheats:

I do baby-wear (just got an Oh Snap! Yay! But have been using a Sakura Bloom RS previously) but for just going to the bathroom or getting some water it seems like it would take longer to get her on than it would to do what I left the room to do :(

Not even gonna lie- I've totally worn little one while peeing, cooking, getting something to drink, to go put on pants, etc.  There were days he never came off, lol. 

Amy Lynn, Loving wife, Mom to Christopher, Katherine, & Matthew, Natural Childbirth/VBAC & breastfeeding supporter & advocate.

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM

laughing 

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                         ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:18 AM

I love this! so true

Quoting soulofsunmama:

Eta, this makes me belly giggle every.time.I.see.it!

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:30 AM
Yep.
If baby is happily playing and you have to do something real quick i would just pick her up and carry her. If you need both hands just put her down in the new room.

Quoting NDFanatik:

Quoting luvmyminiwheats:

I do baby-wear (just got an Oh Snap! Yay! But have been using a Sakura Bloom RS previously) but for just going to the bathroom or getting some water it seems like it would take longer to get her on than it would to do what I left the room to do :(

Not even gonna lie- I've totally worn little one while peeing, cooking, getting something to drink, to go put on pants, etc.  There were days he never came off, lol. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mitzi31
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Oh my!! I'm SOOO going through the SAME thing!! It sucks! I can't get anything done. I try to wear her but I can't wear her while I'm cleaning or showering or anything like that. She only takes like a few short naps throughout the day so I get very little time. I'm eager to hear some answers or comments to this, lol.

Mitzi31
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I do wear my dd sometimes but she doesn't like it unless I'm walking around. If I just stand there and fold laundry she hates it. :-/ I've even got 2 different type carriers so it's not that she hates one type and not another...

Quoting NDFanatik:

Quoting luvmyminiwheats:

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I would just take her with you. FOr something simple I would just carry her on your hip

mommybellygirl
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

My first daughter was the same. It got to a point where she was okay if I was talking to her wheile I was in the other room... so I couldnt go anywhere out of earshot! But a few weeks later she was just over it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)