Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just bought my first babywearing device! Would appreciate tips on others...

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm pregnant with my first baby and I cannot wait to babywear! I bought a brand new moby yesterday at a baby consignment shop for $27. It is one of several baby carrying devices that I plan to have in my arsenal. I would also like a ring sling and a soft structured carrier.

I would appreciate advice on ring slings like what brands are best. I've been looking at the Maya lightly padded RS. Is the padding better or does it just depend?

Also I have been looking at Ergos because I've heard that they are good for tall broad shouldered women and that the Beco is better for shorter framed women because of the shoulder strap width mechanisms.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. I will also be having my baby late August/Early Sept and I live in Northern Idaho so I imagine it will be warm for the first few weeks of baby's life but cold for the duration of it's infancy.

I was so excited to test drive my moby, I found a willing participant!

pregnancy
I want to be a homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, roomsharing, cloth diapering, working Momma!
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM
LOL very cute! If you are taller and broad shouldered I'd get a Boba instead. It's like the Ergo but fits taller parents and babies. I like it that I can still wear my very tall almost 3 year old in it and he still has room to grow. He would be too tall in an Ergo because he would be able to lean back in it over the edge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Oh and the Boba 3G carrier fits from 8-45 lbs. The classic Boba doesn't fit infants only the 3G. I love the Boba and hands down it's my favorite SSC.

I've never used a padded Maya RS but loved the regular one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Your pic is incredibly cute :)
I have an ergo and a boba, and I like both of them. I am 5'8 and about 140 or so pounds. I have back carried my 30-35 pound first born around in both carriers without any problems. I also used the ergo when my second born when he was about 4 months old and the boba when he was about at about 10 months old.
ask me any questions you want :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
907PickleMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I have only used a mei tai carrier and a Beco Butterfly 2. I liked them both! I like the Beco over the Ergo and Boba because they are easier for back carries.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:09 AM

LMBO that the cat went along with it. You are as cute as could be! I have a sleepywrap which is like the moby and I also have the Boba. I'd recommend that one :)

angela84
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Thanks ladies for the advice. I will definitely look into the Boba 3g. I had heard of the Boba but had not done any research on it yet. This is all good to know!

Any ring sling advice?

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:22 AM

LOL..  too cute! 

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                         ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Boba is a wonderful, highly recommended carrier....
As for ring slings, my favorites.. Maya and Zolowear!

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                         ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I have a Moby, Zolo RS, and an Ergo.

My girlfriend has a Boba 3G and loves it for her two babies!

I love my Ergo for ease, the Moby was great for infants in the winter and my ring sling os great for travel (I did NYC with a 9mo with it... great for the subway!).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudMom2634
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:35 AM

Wow, that was a great deal, a moby wrap for $27. I think you did a great choice that wrap is really great for newborn though some SSC are also great for our little ones. When your baby gets heavier a SSC will be one of the best option to be added in your collection. I am using the standard ABC (Action Baby Carrier), this is a lightweight SSC so it cooler and more comfy compared to the bulky ones. DD is already 21mo and still loves being wear, though she is getting longer so when I have my budget I hope to get the toddler version of ABC. Hope to see a picture of you and your baby  late August/Early Sept this year. Hope this helps! Goodluck!   http://www.actionbabycarriers.com/shop/happy/

Living is good, but being a Mom is even better!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)