Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

UPDATE #2 ~ Doctors okaying birth at 36 weeks!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:56 AM
  • 57 Replies

Ok so Ive been sitting on this for a couple days and already vented about this on FB hoping it would make the girl respond, she ignored it apparently but still has been commenting and liking all my other posts.  

I have a friend that is 36 soon to be 37 weeks with her third son and at her 36 week appointment her doctor swept her membrane and told her its completely safe to have the baby at 36 weeks on. Well when I read that I literally cried, as a mom of two preemies and someone that works closely with the March of Dimes is made me physically ill. I tried and tried and tried to talk sense into her before her appointment but her reasoning is he said it was ok and she is just completely done with pregnancy and in pain and uncomfortable. 

I would give anything to be in her shoes, to be able to carry a baby full term (40+) and would gladly take the pain and discomfort that comes along with it just to know that my baby is safe and has a decreased chance of complications and NICU stay. Its sad to see what this society has done to moms. Oh and yes she has full on medical births that are induced etc...

1/11 ~ First Im still not talking to her, my fiance does though but refused to bring up the subject with her and let her know how much it hurt both of us. I keep posting info on my fb wall but whether she reads it who knows. 

Anyway she had her 37 week appointment today and she is only dilated to like a finger tip according to her fb post and has been for some time. Sadly there is no conviencing her it means nothing but she did say that it looks like a long wait till labor so Im guessing all induction talks is off the table since the March of Dimes in cracking down and anything before 39 weeks. Lets just hope she doesnt fine a way to induce at home or talk her doctor into a quack reason to induce. 

1/15 ~ well I probably wont be updating after this, I have broke off my friendship with her and her fiance (my fiance Im not sure what he will do since he has known them both way longer). She isnt even 38 weeks yet and in full complaning mode and even posted on fb last night looking for ways to practically induce labor. Well I ranted about it and she finally said something and when I said yes it was aimed at her and that after having two preemies I would give anything to have a healthy full term pregnancy and even go past due. Well her fiance went on the defensive and called me out and attacked me. I didnt respond just removed them both from my friends and leaving it in my fiance's hands from here. 

Guess I should also add that she is the one that I was going to make the breastfeeding basket for which now obviously Im not. they also do alot of thing I hate and dont agree with like letting their other son they have together eat practically only junk (they each also have kids that they dont have custody of) and that is when the have food in the house, they are constantly asking people to give them money or buy them food cause neither will get out and look for work

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM
3 moms liked this
This breaks my heart because inductions cause issues even in full term babies.....doctors need to start losing their license for crap like this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I had to be induced for preeclampsia at 37 weeks and I cry when women complain about "being uncomfortable"... I would have given ANYTHING to have my baby go to HIS term. I begged my doctors for every day he stayed in me from 35 weeks on, going every day to have my BP checked until they told me "you are more dangerous pregnant". Never would I voluntarily risk my baby's health for my discomfort!
norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this
He should lose his license. Despicable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM
My oldest was 32 weeks i had hellp, he came the same day they diagnosed me and he was less the 3 pounds.

My youngest 34 weeks and i had pre e and my body was start to shut down, they held off as long as they could before taking him and i was on a mag drip for roughly a week.

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I had to be induced for preeclampsia at 37 weeks and I cry when women complain about "being uncomfortable"... I would have given ANYTHING to have my baby go to HIS term. I begged my doctors for every day he stayed in me from 35 weeks on, going every day to have my BP checked until they told me "you are more dangerous pregnant". Never would I voluntarily risk my baby's health for my discomfort!
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM
She is the second girl this doctor has oked that i know of.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

This breaks my heart because inductions cause issues even in full term babies.....doctors need to start losing their license for crap like this
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I wish

Quoting norwgnwood:

norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM
3 moms liked this
I wish so many women weren't so stupid about pregnancy & birth. But then again I wish doctors weren't so greedy and heartless.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

I wish

Quoting norwgnwood:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Mine was born at 36. They considered her preemie. Luckily she was perfectly healthy.
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Late term preemies and im lucky both my boys are healthy too

Quoting deccaf:

Mine was born at 36. They considered her preemie. Luckily she was perfectly healthy.
madisonsmom2005
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I am so sorry that this is happening! I hope either the doctor or the mother come to their senses and waits until that baby is ready. Very important things happen in the last month of pregnancy. This is so sad! Good luck to you and your friend.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN