Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

If you were induced

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 47 Replies

What was the reason? and knowing what you know now would you have let them do the induction or have your views changed? just curious on others points of views

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Tired of being pregnant. With my sixth it was mostly because I was exhausted from weeks of prodromal labor and just wanted to be done. I would not do it now knowing what I do. Both of my kids that were inductions have developmental issues that I do believe are a result of the induction. I regret it deeply.

doulala
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM

PROM
  Yes!!!!    I would leave things alone!
banging head into wall
I am a now a big maternity care health & safety advocate because of my experiences and exposure.

piwife
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I wasn't induce but since labor wasn't going fast enough for them with my dd they broke my water first. ( I was stuck at 4 cm for 8 hrs. Having contractions 2 mts apart ) then they gave me pit. At 7 cm it took 2 times and still nothing, I was filling everything and the pain sucked. I asked for the epi and it took me 3 hrs to get to 10. I pushed 10 mts and I went numb( the epi kicked in)

With ds my water broke at 5 am. Got to the hospital at 7 am I was having no contractions so at 11 am they gave me pit and started my epi( I was 4cm) I went to sleep and woke up wanting to push and filling like my back was breaking. Nurse checked me I was 8. Left I yell at dh to call the nurse( 5mts later) she came in I was 9 and then 10...

Went a little bit of topic but yeah if I had known with dd I probably would have gone back home and with ds I probably would have stayed a home a lil longer.

I did go all natural with my third :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
madisonsmom2005
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

My OB at the time said that she was worried that my DD was going to be too big to deliver naturally. I was induced two day early and had her one day early. She was 8lbs 5oz when she was born.

I wish I would have known then what I know now. I would have waited. Looking back, I am very upset about some things that were said and done back then. I have learned my lesson and my new baby will benefit from the knowledge I have gained since 2005.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Klbushman
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Doctor told me that it wasn't safe for me to go past 41 weeks so I was induced at 40 and 3 days. I would ABSOLUTELY not do the same thing again. One of my biggest regrets.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I was induced with my first because the doctor said, "Well, you are 2 centimeters. Lets have this baby Wednesday". I was teaching 1st grade and didn't want to go into labor in my classroom so I agreed. I was 5 days shy of my due date. Everything went fine and while I don't necessarily regret it, it is not a choice I would make again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nee86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM
My baby stopped growing and my blood pressure kept going up.

If it that was to happen again, yes, I would go ahead with an induction. I was very lucky my doctor even let me try induction. The other doctors wanted to section me but my doctor went to bat for me.
VintageWife
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1st-I was way overdue and had been at a 3-4 for weeks.

2nd-I didn't want it. I was forced. I was at a remote base and he threatened to medivac me out if I went overdue and let my son get any bigger. I had him on his due date.

3-Was already in labor but doc pushed me into going to the hospital because he was going to a conference for a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjrex87
by Mindy on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I was induced because I was planning a home birth but went over 42 weeks and my midwife is no longer legally allowed to attend a birth at that point. I was scheduled for induction by her doctor of consult at 42w 1d. It was the exact opposite experience from what I had planned and dreamed of. Knowing what I do now, I would have done everything in my power to avoid the induction. I probably should have requested an u/s to prove my baby was doing just fine.

VintageWife
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I wouldn't again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)