I am 40+4 weeks today and I have an appointment at hospital this week. I am worried they will want to induce me. I will not allow them to induce me before 42wks unless there is a sound medical reason. I'm just wondering what I can do to help this baby along? I had an all natural vaginal birth with my DD 5. This time around I'm quite anxious about labour and I'm wondering if that might be why labour hasn't started. I know bub will come when he is ready I'm just finding this waiting game hard. DD was born at 40+ 1. So any advice from you all would be appreciated
**** Thanks ladies. I have no intention of allowing them to induce. I'm just concerned because for weeks I have been having stabbing pains in my cervix, which I assumed was it dilating but since my due date that has all seemed to have stopped. Has anybody else experienced these pains and know what they are for sure? They were happening every day?
on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM