Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am 40+4 weeks today and I have an appointment at hospital this week. I am worried they will want to induce me. I will not allow them to induce me before 42wks unless there is a sound medical reason. I'm just wondering what I can do to help this baby along? I had an all natural vaginal birth with my DD 5. This time around I'm quite anxious about labour and I'm wondering if that might be why labour hasn't started. I know bub will come when he is ready I'm just finding this waiting game hard. DD was born at 40+ 1. So any advice from you all would be appreciated

**** Thanks ladies. I have no intention of allowing them to induce. I'm just concerned because for weeks I have been having stabbing pains in my cervix, which I assumed was it dilating but since my due date that has all seemed to have stopped. Has anybody else experienced these pains and know what they are for sure? They were happening every day?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Replies (21-24):
xredstarsx
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:19 AM
December 28th

Quoting Evelynrosser:

Thanks

I was due on 3rd :) you?

Quoting xredstarsx:

I hope it goes smoothly for you. I am anxious too. I am 41 weeks 3 days now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Evelynrosser
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Oh I hope your little one comes soon :)

Quoting xredstarsx:

December 28th

Quoting Evelynrosser:

Thanks

I was due on 3rd :) you?

Quoting xredstarsx:

I hope it goes smoothly for you. I am anxious too. I am 41 weeks 3 days now.

LondonsMomma84
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Have you tried meditating to rid yourself of this anxiety?

Evelynrosser
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM
No I haven't, as I'm not really sure how :( I suffered from really bad anxiety/ panic attacks before pregnancy, I have been good during pregnancy but that may be something very beneficial for me. I've just never really known how
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)