Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
This is kind of a spin off.
My total natural delivery I lost my focus and was noisy and overwhelmed for about 2-3 contractions. I got ahold of myself realized I was in transition and birthed the rest of the way with minimal noise except to tell dh and ob to "shut up and i'm well aware babies head is half out, it's stretching I'm not pushing yet" I was confident #3 would be the same. But when I lost it in transition I never got a grip. It was an induction and it was just to fast. I actually was crab walking up the bed as she was coming out, I was to out of it to understand or feel her coming out. It wasnt my finest moment.
Im nervous that with future deliveries if other ppl are in the room i would be embarrassed and feel judged.
For those who had extras (beyond so, medical personell) how did you feel about sounding, grunting etc. did you ever lose it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM
that's a great idea! Thankyou!

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I think at some point most women get into "laborland" and don't care much about what's going on around them or who sees them naked. lol

Maybe you could invite them to the birth, explain your reservations, and have the expectation that you/your doula/DH will ask them to leave at any time if you are uncomfortable?

Quoting melindabelcher:

Good. I'm not the only one :)

I'm wanting my next possibly final (hypothetical) baby to be a homebirth with *supportive* family around.

I know many of our family members have wanted to be present but my own self consciousness has prevented that

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

This is one reason why I don't invite people to my births. I'm working on getting over it, but I'm one of those people who is really self-conscious and continually wondering what people think. I don't want to deal with that while I'm in labor.

WhitleyLyles
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

with my third child_ I lost it. I was cussing. I remember telling the doctor to "shut the hell up and just get her out"

I totally lost focus lol

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I said funny things with my first such as "get me to the hospital" (i was at the birthing center and wanted an epi as I was about to push) and "the baby is stuck" (when I got tired of that whole in and out act as I was pushing".
With my second, it was more embarrassing that I pooped during pushing. Not a lot or big, just enough that I was aware of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vannahmarie
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I'm a very vocal person. This'll be my first all natural birth and I'm sure I'll be making noise. Right now my thought is "I'm the one having the baby. You're an on looker." Lol. We'll see how I feel as the day gets closer.

vanityrayne
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I know when I hit " the brick wall" I got a bit noisy as well. It's a lot of pain. I also jerked my hands to my chest. My hubby and twin brother were holding them. For some reason I didn't want to be touched! Just happened in that one moment. After a moment I composed myself and breathed through it. I has my parents, hubby, dd and brother there. They didn't care, I wasn't embarrassed either. My mom had 2 natural births. My older brother and she had me and my twin naturally as well. She said I need to to wtva it takes to get past that point. :) and I did. Lol. I felt bad for bot wanting to be touched. No clue what came over me. But after that I was quiet..
vanityrayne
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:30 PM
This! Haha! A hundred people could have watched me give birth. I didn't care. I was concentrating too much to care lol

Quoting melindabelcher:

that's a great idea! Thankyou!

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I think at some point most women get into "laborland" and don't care much about what's going on around them or who sees them naked. lol

Maybe you could invite them to the birth, explain your reservations, and have the expectation that you/your doula/DH will ask them to leave at any time if you are uncomfortable?

Quoting melindabelcher:

Good. I'm not the only one :)

I'm wanting my next possibly final (hypothetical) baby to be a homebirth with *supportive* family around.

I know many of our family members have wanted to be present but my own self consciousness has prevented that

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

This is one reason why I don't invite people to my births. I'm working on getting over it, but I'm one of those people who is really self-conscious and continually wondering what people think. I don't want to deal with that while I'm in labor.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Make sure whoever you have in the room understands labor, believe me most women get it, men maybe not, but most women totally reflect back on their own deliveries.

I had my mom and MIL in the room when I was laboring LOUDLY and I told them I am loud deal with it....lol

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I think back on mine!! Most of the harder laboring is done in the shower so for weeks after every shower reminds me of labor. I also have a tendency to scrutinize my labor/behavior/actions as in what I did well or not so well. I never used to understand how a womans labor could influence how she defines herself until I did it.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Make sure whoever you have in the room understands labor, believe me most women get it, men maybe not, but most women totally reflect back on their own deliveries.

I had my mom and MIL in the room when I was laboring LOUDLY and I told them I am loud deal with it....lol

EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

i had an epi after 24 hours so i didn't make any embarassing sounds. but....sometimes during sex i hear myself and then flashback to labor because the sounds are sort of similiar. is that weird?

mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I told my husband, the way we know it is about time to push is when I start with the " whose idea was it to have another baby? who the hell thought this was a good idea?"

I have always been really worried about yelling though, in the hospital I don't want to scare other new moms, (potentially first timers) and at home my kids were all asleep as it was the middle of the night

I apologized for yelling, but was told that I am actually really quiet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)