Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
This is kind of a spin off.
My total natural delivery I lost my focus and was noisy and overwhelmed for about 2-3 contractions. I got ahold of myself realized I was in transition and birthed the rest of the way with minimal noise except to tell dh and ob to "shut up and i'm well aware babies head is half out, it's stretching I'm not pushing yet" I was confident #3 would be the same. But when I lost it in transition I never got a grip. It was an induction and it was just to fast. I actually was crab walking up the bed as she was coming out, I was to out of it to understand or feel her coming out. It wasnt my finest moment.
Im nervous that with future deliveries if other ppl are in the room i would be embarrassed and feel judged.
For those who had extras (beyond so, medical personell) how did you feel about sounding, grunting etc. did you ever lose it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM

with my second, I was in the hospital and they asked if I minded if some students (EMTs and nurses) who needed to witness a birth came and watched.

We had a whole audience lol

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Your brave!!! I didn't let any students in my births.

Quoting mommaoftwo:

with my second, I was in the hospital and they asked if I minded if some students (EMTs and nurses) who needed to witness a birth came and watched.

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM
It totally does!!! :)

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

i had an epi after 24 hours so i didn't make any embarassing sounds. but....sometimes during sex i hear myself and then flashback to labor because the sounds are sort of similiar. is that weird?

butterflyk1ssez
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM

All I did was scream the F bomb the entire time when his head was coming out. It wasn't really a noise. I apologized severely to the nurses.  I was also crying during transition/whining for my mother.

Pregnancy Ticker

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Lol. The first thing my middle child heard was "it's a fucking girl!!!"

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

All I did was scream the F bomb the entire time when his head was coming out. It wasn't really a noise. I apologized severely to the nurses.  I was also crying during transition/whining for my mother.

butterflyk1ssez
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My nurses actually told me t o stop crying and stop saying fuck because it was scarig the other laboring mothers.  Oh well.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Lol. The first thing my middle child heard was "it's a fucking girl!!!"

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

Pregnancy Ticker

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM
I agree, they do sound similar, lol

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

i had an epi after 24 hours so i didn't make any embarassing sounds. but....sometimes during sex i hear myself and then flashback to labor because the sounds are sort of similiar. is that weird?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Same here. In order to give birth at the birthing center, you have to agree to allow nursing students to observe. It wasnt guaranteed that there would be student, but I had about 10 in the room with me. They were respectful, but I remember thinking "who the hell are these people?" when I got out of the tub to push.

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

glad i'm not the only one who thought that. such a turn off when my mind wanders there. lol

Quoting hapababies:

I agree, they do sound similar, lol

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

NDFanatik
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM
3 moms liked this

With my first natural birth I was quiet. I would "go into myself' during each contraction and just cut off the world. Unless you messed with me- and then I'd scream like a banshee. But most of it was really just calm and serene.

So I thought that would be what happened in my next birth. HAHAHAHA!!!

After about 18hrs of labor, I woke up moaning. And just kept moaning. I didn't know why and was so confused. I was in bed with my husband while he was asleep and I was so embarrassed that I left the bedroom. 3hrs later I called the midwife and I was on the phone with her moaning every 3-5mins... she walked in the door just as one hit and when she said "Oh, you sound beautiful. I love a laboring mother's song." all of my nervousness disappeared :) So I kept doing that the entire labor involuntarily, but after that positive comment from her I didn't care anymore.

Maybe if you have someone who can be there to cheer you on and tell you how wonderful/beautiful/amazing you are it can make you not so self-conscious??

Amy Lynn, Loving wife, Mom to Christopher, Katherine, & Matthew, Natural Childbirth/VBAC & breastfeeding supporter & advocate.

Looking for natural birth support?  Check us out 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)