Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is kind of a spin off.
My total natural delivery I lost my focus and was noisy and overwhelmed for about 2-3 contractions. I got ahold of myself realized I was in transition and birthed the rest of the way with minimal noise except to tell dh and ob to "shut up and i'm well aware babies head is half out, it's stretching I'm not pushing yet" I was confident #3 would be the same. But when I lost it in transition I never got a grip. It was an induction and it was just to fast. I actually was crab walking up the bed as she was coming out, I was to out of it to understand or feel her coming out. It wasnt my finest moment.
Im nervous that with future deliveries if other ppl are in the room i would be embarrassed and feel judged.
For those who had extras (beyond so, medical personell) how did you feel about sounding, grunting etc. did you ever lose it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
VintageWife
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I tried to yell out with my first and the nurse told me to shut up and push because those noises don't help anything.

kirita323
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I am so glad I gave birth at home lol.  I was moanin and groanin and informed my midwife I needed to go to the hospital to get drugs if I wasn't in transition (no vag checks until then). I think by that point though, it wouldn't have mattered who was around me because I was beyond caring. But it was only my sister, mom and midwife. 

LondonsMomma84
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:41 AM

This is why I'm birthing at home. I don't want to have to worry about how I sound or act.

nrsmama4
by Jamie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I am laughing so hard at 6:54 am!!!!! A welcome song got me!  Lmao!

Quoting moroccanmommy:

I farted really big as dd was coming out of the birth canal it was like are welcome song. Lmao

I remember apologizing. The doctor center a look at me and she said it could have been worse.

Farting is a normal part of being a mammal
Yes it's embarrassing but it happens

nrsmama4
by Jamie on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I tend to labor very quietly. Our first is the only one I ended up having naturally. The other deliveries were all csections. I tend to go into my self, but only because I took a class and actually practiced. If you'll use it, I highly recommend a class or birthing method such as hypnobirthing or Bradley Method. That will help immensely. Only bring who you want in the room to see you up close and personal. The support is amazing, but you need to be able to let go to focus. I know that sounds strange, but it's so true.

Mitzi31
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Oh my! I remember being so loud during pushing. I labored very quietly but during pushing I NEEDED to grunt during the push.  It helped me. My in laws were in the waiting room og the birth center and could hear me but just DH was in the room. I doubt my next will be any different and I don't care. Everything went well and all natural and I don't feel embarrased about anything. Most peopl run to meds and I grunted real loud instead. I feel pretty good about it and u should too! Did I mentioned I pushed for 2 hrs? lol I was hoarse by then!

Julia.C
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

This post is fantastic and making me laugh so hard.  It's the unspoken that gets me tickled. 

When I was in labor I was a loon bat.  I was induced and it was just too much too fast.  My cervix wasn't dilating due to a previous leep procedure, but eventually ripped/exploded open.  When that happened - I donkey kicked a nurse, peed on myself and asked why the F**K are there so many people in the room, loudly and obnoxiously.  

After he finally got out and I was laying happily with my baby, I was in a euphoric high state so I apologized to everyone and they laughed telling me that they'd seen worse.

Looking back, who really cares - I am sure working as nurse in labor in delivery is never boring...

CafeMom Tickers

---------------------------------

Mother Nurture Blog

1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I don't think I'd want anyone else in there except the midwife, doula, and hubby

mjrex87
by Mindy on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember when I was pushing, I started making this weird squeaking noise... My m/w reminded me to open my outh and make low noises. I didn't care what anyone thought bc I was pushing a baby out of my vagina and they weren't!

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I dont know how i would feel, i was so quiet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)