Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Large chested & baby wearing

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM
  • 16 Replies
Is it possible to baby wear while extremely large chested? I'll be G cup+ after my milk comes in. I won't use a wrap like the Moby since I don't like it (previous experience). I'm thinking along the lines of a ring sling and/or Ergo. I don't want to waste money if my chest is going to cause issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AimeeE
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm very large chested and never had problems wearing my babies. With the first I had a bejorn and the second a Ergo. Large breasts just make better pillows. :)

BridgetMc
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I'm an F and have never hadproblems baby wearing. I've used a Moby, Baby Hawk, ring sling. I can't nurse hands-free in any carrier but am able to nurse one-handed in them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:12 PM
This gives me so much hope! Thank you :)

Quoting BridgetMc:

I'm an F and have never hadproblems baby wearing. I've used a Moby, Baby Hawk, ring sling. I can't nurse hands-free in any carrier but am able to nurse one-handed in them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ACsLady
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

It won't keep you from being able to wear baby, but you wil definitely want to try different carriers to find out what is most comfortable for you.

I've found my favorite to be a mei tai. We have babyhawks right now, but if I were to get another, it would probably be a Kozy carrier to support the mama who started it all. She's local to me too.

I do have a Moby and really like how it distributes baby's weight, but it just doesn't work as well for me personally. I guess I'm too particular about wrapping it, so it's not a quick or easy process for me. I also always feel like I look huge and fat wearing baby (stupid thing to care about I know, but when you're already bigger and have huge boobs on top of that, it doesn't help anything, lol).

So, yeah, just try whatever you can get your hands on and see what you like. :) You'll probably find you prefer different styles for different situations. I like ring/pouch slings for quick on and off/in and out situations and my mei tai for longer wear such as going grocery shopping. My moby was most comfy taking long walks outside because I felt very supported and comfortable.

VintageWife
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm an F and I babywear in a sleepywrap and a Boba and nurse just fine.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a 38i and I've never had any problems wearing my babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I was a DD before we conceived our first kid! I use a homemade Moby up to fifteen pounds, then I switch over to a Mei Tai that I made. It has wide, padded shoulder straps. It works great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Amen!!!! : )

Quoting AimeeE:

I'm very large chested and never had problems wearing my babies. With the first I had a bejorn and the second a Ergo. Large breasts just make better pillows. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Here is us with the Moby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Awesome! I feel much more confident now. I'm now realizing I didn't position my ds correctly and with a bad back positioning is everything!

Quoting louzannalady:

Here is us with the Moby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)