Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally A Parenting Magazine I Can Stand To Read

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

and its local!!!!!!!! Its called True North Parenting out of Bend, Oregon and I grab the newest issue when we had my son at his appointment yesterday and was only reading it cause there is an article in there that has to do with the body piercer that we use about children and piercings. As I was flipping through it I noticed a bunch of natural ads like chiros and homeopathic doctors and things then I go the the center of it and it was a postive article on placenta encapsulation! I was shocked, I didnt honestly see Central Oregon as that kinda of a place and well everyone I have talked to things its gross (some of the comments on the mags fb page about this article are head spinning). Ok well I guess this shows why some call Oregon the hippy state. 

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Nice! I'm from Washington, near Seattle, and we don't even have that! I want to move to Oregon though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Ive got a love hate relationship with the state lol 99% of the people I know are those that believe doctors know best and modern medicine is a cure all. 

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

Nice! I'm from Washington, near Seattle, and we don't even have that! I want to move to Oregon though.

ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Modern medicine is the devil. Yes the surgeries and life saving devices we have now are fantastic. But I get so tired of doctors telling me to Pop a pill for every little thing. Grrrr...

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Ive got a love hate relationship with the state lol 99% of the people I know are those that believe doctors know best and modern medicine is a cure all. 

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn355
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I have come across one called "natural parenting" but its expensive
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Theres a magazine out of New Zealand that I love too, I cant remember the name but Sarah(gruntlings) writes for them

sreichelt26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I found one called Pathways To Family Wellness that I loved, but it's expensive. You can get a free digital copy of an issue.

melindabelcher
by mel on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Quoting sreichelt26:

I found one called Pathways To Family Wellness that I loved, but it's expensive. You can get a free digital copy of an issue.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I read kiwi. It's mainstream but it is more natural. 

Nee86
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM
That is awesome! I'm 2 1/2 hours south of Bend and am do glade to hear there is some natural parenting resources up there. I refuse to see any doctor in my town so I end up in Bend or Medford.
VintageWife
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Yay! I read most any parenting magazine and just take out of it what I will.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)