Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who did not vaccinate your children...

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

How do you get around them going to daycare and school. Tomorrow we are going to his 2 month check up and the ped is wanting to give him a 5 in one shot, whooping cough, and some drop. I really don't want to overload his llittle body with all those toxic chemicals. I wish I didn't feel so much pressure to do them. My husbands big concern is school and daycare. We live in Kansas. We also don't know if he is in daycare and another child gets vaccinated for say, polio or something else, can my son catch polio (or whatever) from their vaccination?

Thank you

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:24 PM

:( we homeschool, but I know for schools they have exemption forms.

notjstanothrmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Every state has exemption forms. Some states, like mine you do not have personal exemption only religious. I am not religious but they didn't ask me any questions.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Almost every state has exemption forms!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:36 PM
My youngest kids are not vaccinated but we don't have them in school yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Here is state by state info on exemptions. KS has at least religious maybe phIlosiphical. Do not let them bully you with lies, you do not need to vaccinate for school and you do not need to defend you're choice if you're not comfortable doing so.
GL!

http://www.vaclib.org/exemption.htm#statelist
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedMammaof2
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM
We will ultimately homeschool but my 21 month old son will attend preschool starting the 24th so I can finish college. In my state there are philosophical and religious (as well as medical) exemptions for daycare. However, there are only religious and medical exemptions for schooling. The daycare we are using is state certified but also affiliated with the private and conservative baptist college I attend. There was no issues when we enrolled him last month.

I am not concerned about the vaccinated kids. I do anticipate him possibly being sick more often. My DH is more concerned than I am but he always is. He hates to see his little guy sick or hurting but he agrees vaccinating is not an option. DS is still breastfeeding and he gets over illnesses rather quickly. If it weren't necessary we woudln't have him in daycare at all. 2 hours two days a week and 1 hour one day isn't too bad. We are required to pay the minimum $15 for 3 hours each day but he won't be staying any longer than he needs too.

If I am not mistaken Kansas has medical and religious exemptions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Some vaccines shed, others don't.

Every state has exemption forms, as mentioned.

Pressure to vaccinate is one reason we started not going to well visits. It wasn't worth the fight every few months.

mcarsel89
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM

What do you mean shed?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Pressure to vaccinate is one reason we started not going to well visits. It wasn't worth the fight every few months.

MommaGreenhalge
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Soome vaccines, particularly some of the live virus vaccines may not make the patient sick, but they become a carrier for the dissease, having the potential to pass a weakened strain to others. The ooutbreaks of pertussis are prime example of this.

Quoting mcarsel89:

What do you mean shed?

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Check into exemptions. I'm filling out one for my son even though we partially vax. There is a vaccine they don't have record of him having even though I know he got it so I'm filling out the exemption for it so they don't make him get it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)