Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

How much is or was your 4 month old eating??

Posted by   + Show Post

The baby I baby sit is chunky as can be she takes 6 ounces every 3 hours but her mom often gives her 6 every 2 hours....she doesnt even have to cry for it im jsut supposed to stick to that schedule even though half the time shes napping during that time and would go a 4 or 4 and half hour stretch....its ridiculous and last night she says i think im going to up her formula!!!! WHAT!!!!

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
JocelynsMama1
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM

exactly my thinking on every bit of it

Quoting imtheonlysane1:

I find no reason to feed a child that isn't showing signs of being hungry nor do I wake a sleeping child unless I really have to. I FF and I can tell you that is to much formula. 6 oz every 4-5 hours would be better unless baby is actually hungry before then. Upping the formula is also not going to make baby sleep through the night if they just switched her to a crib.

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

JocelynsMama1
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM

no but i looked online a while back and it was way too much in a 24 hour period

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Does the side of the can have a chart for how much you should be feeding the baby? It seems like way to much.

JocelynsMama1
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I just found out yesterday that She already does at night

Quoting Eliots_momma:

Wow! I bet the poor baby's tummy hurts. That doesn't sound right at all. I would be worried that mom would start putting cereal in her bottles soon.

piwife
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I ff my first and at that age she took 4 oz every 3-4 hrs... she is overfeeding that baby ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I personally couldn't babysit him. I would have said something to the mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I find it sad and I couldnt do it, but I wouldnt go against mom I would sit down with mom and explain my concerns and say I cant feed a baby in a way I KNOW is very very unhealthy, its borderline abuse

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Well at 4 months my first was maybe 4 ounce bottles not sure how often and since we have had to start little one on formula a few months ago he is 11 months almost a year and barely takes 4 ounces every three to four hours. 

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

what formula is she using? Go to their site and print off their charts or recommendations for how much baby needs and keep it on hand. If she wants it upped just say that you are going by what they say so to not make baby sick 

Quoting JocelynsMama1:

no but i looked online a while back and it was way too much in a 24 hour period

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Does the side of the can have a chart for how much you should be feeding the baby? It seems like way to much.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
That's way too much formula! I agree about giving her some info. Ugh I couldn't do that. That's crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissybender
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:02 AM

My baby is 4.5 months and she is EBF.  She eats 3.5 - 4 ounces every 3 hours during the day, and gets up once at night to nurse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)