Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Flouride Toothpaste? ETA a question

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 19 Replies

with a 2 year old that doesnt spit when brushing her teeth??? If you were watching her would -you allow her to brush her teeth with it?

ETA: Can anyone explain to me the dangers of regular tooth paste and the benefits of homemade and then some recipies... I currently use flouride toothpaste myself and my daughter (almost 4) uses the kids flouride toothpaste....i didnt start her on it untill she could spit when brushing her teeth (and had been for a while). Before that she used the infant/toddler flouride free one.

I'm a Breast Feeding, CIO, Spanking When Necessary, Early Potty Training, Stay At Home, Pageant Going, Gymnastics and Cheer Mom and Army Wife!

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, no... but we don't do fluoride toothpaste or other products for anyone in the family.

MamaPrime
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:31 AM

We simply do baking soda and coconut oil. It is gritty and cleans really well. It's alkaline (which if swallowed is good for your digestion) 

AimeeE
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

We don't use any fluoride in our house or get treatments from the dentist.

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM
This.

And even before we quit fluoride we didn't use it until they were both past 2 and able to spit properly.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Personally, no... but we don't do fluoride toothpaste or other products for anyone in the family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachelrothchild
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

No.  We don't use toothpaste that contains fluoride at all.

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

No, we don't even use floride tooth paste. We get enough floride in our water and in food products. 

We use a brita as much as we can, but it is made of # 6 plastic, which we aren't happy about. 

Just can't win. 

Changedwomen
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

no if they dont spit it causes something with the teeth not exactly sure the word for it and when I do it with my youngest I make sure he spit and I also have to tell him to spit.

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I would just try and get her to spit.
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Same here. My 2 year old & 15 month old use fluoride free toothpaste

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)