Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

At what point? Update.

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 28 Replies
So now I am occasionally coughing up chunks of green nastiness. And I have a fever and I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Still have a very hoarse voice but my throat isn't as sore, only when I cough or talk. Does this mean my body is working it out or that I have an infection? I've heard green is bad but don't know for sure.

At what would you go to the dr for yourself? I don't have a fever but I'm sore everywhere and I feel like my chest is on fire and full of phlegm that I can't get rid of. I have a cough but all it does it make my throat and neck hurt like crazy and I wheeze when I breath in. It's driving me crazy but I don't want to go in for nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachelrothchild
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

When I have an ear infection I can't get rid of or something like that.  

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM

It sounds like you might have the flu.  In which case the best thing you could do is stay home and not spread the virus, and get lots of rest.

2forKaty
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I don't know though because I dont have a fever or a stuffy nose. It's all in my chest. It burns. My throat is raw my voice is hoarse and I wheeze when I breath in and can't take a fu breath easily. I cough but it hurts and is unproductive. I guess I'm just thinking if its bronchitis I could get an inhaler or maybe I should make sure it's not pneumonia. I used to get both very easily when I was high school and younger. Plus I had the flu 2 weeks ago. Stuffy nose, sore, high fever, headache.....I know my immune system probably sucks right how because of crazy stressful stuff but I don't think if get the flu twice would I?

Quoting kailu1835:

It sounds like you might have the flu.  In which case the best thing you could do is stay home and not spread the virus, and get lots of rest.

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Ah.  Well in that case I might try some homeopathic remedies, like honey in tea, etc.  If all else fails, then I'd go to the doctors.

Quoting 2forKaty:

I don't know though because I dont have a fever or a stuffy nose. It's all in my chest. It burns. My throat is raw my voice is hoarse and I wheeze when I breath in and can't take a fu breath easily. I cough but it hurts and is unproductive. I guess I'm just thinking if its bronchitis I could get an inhaler or maybe I should make sure it's not pneumonia. I used to get both very easily when I was high school and younger. Plus I had the flu 2 weeks ago. Stuffy nose, sore, high fever, headache.....I know my immune system probably sucks right how because of crazy stressful stuff but I don't think if get the flu twice would I?

Quoting kailu1835:

babiesbabybaby development

2forKaty
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I had hot cider with captains last night lol. It didn't help but it did feel good. I have raw honey. I'll try that in some green tea. I just want to be able to breath normal by bedtime so I can actually sleep unlike last night.

Quoting kailu1835:

Ah.  Well in that case I might try some homeopathic remedies, like honey in tea, etc.  If all else fails, then I'd go to the doctors.

Quoting 2forKaty:

Quoting kailu1835:

kailu1835
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom's remedy for stuffy nose is to boil some water in a pot, put the pot on the table, get a towel, lean over the pot with the towel over your head and the pot to surround your head/neck, and then breathe.

Or you could just go run really hot water in the shower and hang out lol

Quoting 2forKaty:

I had hot cider with captains last night lol. It didn't help but it did feel good. I have raw honey. I'll try that in some green tea. I just want to be able to breath normal by bedtime so I can actually sleep unlike last night.

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting 2forKaty:

Quoting kailu1835:

babiesbabybaby development

2forKaty
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
My nose is fine. It's the not being able to take a full breath in general that's bugging me. My nose isn't plugged at all. :0( I would rather a stuffy nose though for sure be aide I use that as excuse to take a long hot shower lol.

Quoting kailu1835:

My mom's remedy for stuffy nose is to boil some water in a pot, put the pot on the table, get a towel, lean over the pot with the towel over your head and the pot to surround your head/neck, and then breathe.

Or you could just go run really hot water in the shower and hang out lol

Quoting 2forKaty:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting 2forKaty:

Quoting kailu1835:

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I probably wouldn't go in for that. I always ask myself what would a doctor *do* if I went in, and what kind of drugs if any that they prescribe would I be comfortable taking.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Honey in tea is not a homeopathic remedy. A natural one, sure. But homeopathy is a very specific science of using unique forms of herbs for certain ailments. It doesn't refer to just any herbal or other natural cure.

2forKaty
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM
That's kind of how I was thinking. I don't want antibiotics (unless its pneumonia) but I've been given an inhaler in the past due to having illness induced asthma and I really want one now......but I'm so busy I do t know when I would go in and I don't have anyone to watch the kids while I go unless I can convince dh to do it but he lives 45min away (he had an affair and left at the end of December....thus the stupid stress)

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I probably wouldn't go in for that. I always ask myself what would a doctor *do* if I went in, and what kind of drugs if any that they prescribe would I be comfortable taking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN