Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

I'm entering the second trimester with baby number 2, and recently started looking into cloth diapers. We're trying to potty train my 2 year old, and he's having a rough transition from diapers to underwear, and since he's been wearing diapers less, they have been giving him rashes, which he's never had before, so I looked into disposable diapers and they are full of awful stuff and cost so much more than I realized, as well as filling dumps illegally with human waste. A friend of mine got me thinking about cloth diapers and I'm really interested, but I'm not sure what brands to go with and I don't want to invest my money in ones that won't hold up or that leak. My local cloth diaper shop has a great "try before you buy" system, but you only get to try the brand they pick, and then you get a credit to buy whatever you want at the end, and I'm not sure what to get.

I have a good bit of time to research, but I wanted some advice from people that have some experience. What brands have you tried? What did you like? How was going out during the day and overnight? Are there any issues I should be aware of? Positive experiences? How many should I plan on getting?

Thank you!

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Replies (11-14):
ImNotKarl
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Which ones did you like best?

Quoting VintageWife:

peaches_04 uses a brand of trainers for her toddler. She'll have to tell you which brand though. Flips maybe?

As far as other diapers, I've used Fuzzibunz, Flips and Thirsties.

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM
An ai2 has a snap in liner. They are much easier to dry. A pocket diaper has a liner you stuff into the diaper. I have found ai2 to be easier for non cloth diaper users to use. That's whati send when my parents babysit. I also find them more absorbent.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

What's the difference between AI2 and pocket diapers?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I would defiantly try different styles and types. My favorite type is ai2 . Myfavorite commercial brand is bumgenius. I do mainly wahm.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM
In due in 2 Weeks and am cd'ing this baby. I joined a group on here called cuties with cloth booties. The ladies are fabulous and can answer ALL your questions! Come join! I swear they can help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImNotKarl
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I very well may.

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

In due in 2 Weeks and am cd'ing this baby. I joined a group on here called cuties with cloth booties. The ladies are fabulous and can answer ALL your questions! Come join! I swear they can help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN