Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you start your period, while breastfeeding.

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just curious. i breast fed my daughter for 14 mos. i didn't start until 12 mos. Now  I'm BFing my son he's 9 mos. I haven't started yet. Does anyone feel pms'y with no period? i do sometimes. 

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Replies (31-36):
madisonsmom2005
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I breast fed for a month so mine started shortly after that. Sorry not the best example, but I am also curious about this because I will be breast feeding longer this time and would like to know as well.

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
almondpigeon
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM

you're so lucky. i've breastfed all my kids & every single time, i've gotten my period within 6 weeks of my pp bleeding stopping.

MrsKish
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:55 PM

year -24m 

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I didnt start it until one month done bfding. We were driving from Wi to Tn to meet husbands family for a family reunion- not the best timing.
JeniJonas
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Mine showed up 18 months post partum to the day. Definitely felt like i was going to start several times before then.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NicLof2
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM
DS turned a year on Tuesday and still no period but yes once in a while I feel like I'm gonna start but without the cramps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)