Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Cloth diaper help!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM
  • 20 Replies
I've got a newbie. And she's bright red in the diaper area every time I change her. I have different fabric dipes and it happens on all of them (cotton prefolds, suede cloth Rumparooz, microfiber BGs). I've changed detergents twice (and wash her clothes in the same....no red on her body elsewhere) with no change. They're all still brand new, so I can't imagine it's a build up issue. Ideas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM
What do u use for wipes? Do you make sure the diapet area is dry after?
Duquesne
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Water and flannel. Typically dry. But she's pooping a billion times a day. It's hard to avoid moisture!
MrsKish
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM
What type of detergent are you using now? Are you EBFing her?

Quoting Duquesne:

Water and flannel. Typically dry. But she's pooping a billion times a day. It's hard to avoid moisture!
MrsKish
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I had a quick look at your profile she 1 month. I guessing if your EBFing or pumping for her her poop has gotten to the seed orange/yellow looking point. If there is a slight smell of acid to her poop give her some crushed probiotic. They have it in powder I think you can get it online. Do the corn starch like the other momma said. Rashes happen a lot with EBFing babies because their poop tends to be vary watery and has a higher acid content.
mamalusbear
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Try cornstarch in the diaper...it helps get rid of the rash and absorbs the moisture.

MissSarah04
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Whenever my DD gets a little red I use coconut oil. If there is buildup I would think the diapers would smell. If they do I would strip.
Duquesne
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:51 AM
She is EBF. I'm still in the process of cutting out dairy but it's not gone yet.

No idea about the acidic smell. But you're the second to suggest probiotics. I just worry about messing with her virgin gut.

Quoting MrsKish:

I had a quick look at your profile she 1 month. I guessing if your EBFing or pumping for her her poop has gotten to the seed orange/yellow looking point. If there is a slight smell of acid to her poop give her some crushed probiotic. They have it in powder I think you can get it online. Do the corn starch like the other momma said. Rashes happen a lot with EBFing babies because their poop tends to be vary watery and has a higher acid content.

Duquesne
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Cheer? I think. Lol. I've tried a ton.

Quoting MrsKish:

Quoting Duquesne:

MrsKish
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Omg nooooooo that will eat her skin... Try sun&earth, Charlie's or country save. Or even just blue dawn or baking soda in till you can get a real CD detergent 100% no emzimes ever...

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting MrsKish:

Quoting Duquesne:

Duquesne
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Ok, dumb person question. Why wouldn't it irritate everywhere else? Just because its loose?

Quoting MrsKish:

Omg nooooooo that will eat her skin... Try sun&earth, Charlie's or country save.

Quoting Duquesne:

Quoting MrsKish:

Quoting Duquesne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN