Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Cough/cold blend

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this
Hey girls. My poor little babe developed a cough and has the sniffles. It's my first time dealing wih an infant cough. So I got my books out and made this massge blend for her (chest and feet), and I want to share. It's safe for babes and adults alike.

*1 drop sweet basil (or 5 drops tto)- kills all nasties and strengthens immune system

*5 drops rosemary- nasal decongestant, expectorant, mucolytic

*5 drops helichrysum- anti inflammatory, mucolytic

*10 drops cypress- Antitussive (relieves cough), antispasmodic,

*1 oz carrier oil

****never use rosemary with someone prone to seizures, or wih high blood pressure

***you can add a little eucalyptus to help relieve chest congestion in *people over two* but with the rosemary there's really no need as they are both camphorous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there a way to get small amounts of a few different essential oils to start trying them? Everytime I see them, they're really expensive and I don't know anyone irl who uses them to see if I like it. I'm very skeptical of anything I've never tried before and would like a cheaper start than full bottles at full price...

Maybe like an essential oils for dummies kit? :)

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Awesome! Thanks!

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM

How frequently do you apply it?

peaches_04
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Sweet tfs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:16 PM
A few times a day. I just do it whenever I feel like it.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

How frequently do you apply it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Nice!
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Ask for samples!!
There's one co who will send you samples for something like $5, and if you buy a regular bottle they apply the $5 to your cost. I think it's mountainroseherbs.com.

You can also find started kits sometimes, my herb shop sells small starter kits. As I rule I don't general recommend those because they tend to come with the least expensive oils rather than the most useful.

Quoting Momma2013:

Is there a way to get small amounts of a few different essential oils to start trying them? Everytime I see them, they're really expensive and I don't know anyone irl who uses them to see if I like it. I'm very skeptical of anything I've never tried before and would like a cheaper start than full bottles at full price...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Adding this to my new Eo notebook :)
Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Thanks for sharing!! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Momma2013
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Ok then is there an essential oils for dummies start book of the most useful? I guess what's the easiest way to start small? If I turn into some weirdo with all the big bottles of it all - I don't care but I want to start small :)

Thanks for your reply!

Quoting jellyphish:

Ask for samples!!
There's one co who will send you samples for something like $5, and if you buy a regular bottle they apply the $5 to your cost. I think it's mountainroseherbs.com.

You can also find started kits sometimes, my herb shop sells small starter kits. As I rule I don't general recommend those because they tend to come with the least expensive oils rather than the most useful.

Quoting Momma2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)