Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Baby wearing

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

Those of you who do baby wearing, what is/are the best slings and wraps for different ages? My husband got me this ultimate baby wrap with my last baby and I only found one position that worked well for breastfeeding, but it did not feel comfortable to me at all. I've been looking for a good sling for a newborn since I'm expecting my 3r, but have no idea which ones are best.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I had the ultimate baby wrap and gave it away after my second because it only was really good for whne they were tiny and weighed little. So, then I got a sing sling, and that worked from newborn up to now I carry my 25 poiunder in it. The only issue is that it hurts my shoulder if I do it all day, but its easy to take on and off and adjust. I had a mei tai that I would wear my kids in, but not newborns, and that worked really well for all day things (like the fiar, beach, zoo, Disneyland). I just now got an ergo, and I'm so excited!  I borrowed one for a week and loved it, but it can be expensive, I think well worth the money though!

TexanMomOf6
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM

The slings are great.  Just be cautious using one with a young baby because the sling tends to push their head down into their chest and cause suffocation.

HamBergerMama
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I like my moby wrap for up to the first 6 mo then my maya ring sling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dakojayd88
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM

moby for th newborn 100% i loved it, it saved my life. 

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I like the Moby (or similar) wrap for the first few months and then switch to a soft structured carrier such as Boba, Beco, or Ergo.

I just got a maya wrap ring sling for this baby that I have heard great reviews about.

Stephanie3804
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Thanks ladies! I'll check some of these out.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I love wraps for little babies and the Boba for bigger babies. But honestly with my last baby I used a Boba from very early on!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Wraps when younger, meitai/ssc when older....
slings for quick carries from beginning to end. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN