Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer request

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
  • 18 Replies

My mother just told us last night that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

CANCER SUCKS and it DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE!

PLEASE do your self exams. She found it herself and has had to show it to each professional where it is. Her kind is the most common kind. She has not had it staged yet but does know thru biopsy that it is called infiltrating ductal carcinoma grade 2.

She will be getting an interal pelvic ultrasound on Monday. Please pray that no more cancer is found anywhere else in her body. Soon we will know a date for her lumpectomy.

Again, Please do your self exams they are very important. This is the kind of thing you tell yourself, it doesn't happen to me, until it does.

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no!! Sending love your way. Good luck to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Praying for her! Im so sorry, cancer is a scary thing. I was at a friends house yesterdday because she was givjbg a presentatioj on essential oils and talked about her mom who had cancer and is now in remission. Thye took out all sugar from her diet, started juicing and usinf essential oils and herbs tl hell her heal. She did ho through chemo, had no nausea, and after cheml her hait started gtowing back immediately! I think the eo they used werr called young living.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Prayers for your mother and your family :(

VintageWife
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Your phone has lost its mind. Let me translate that for you. Tell me if it's right.

"Praying for her! I'm so sorry. Cancer is a scary thing. I was at a friend's house yesterday because she was giving a presentation on essential oils and talked about her mom who had cancer and is now in remission. They took out all sugar from her diet, started juicing and using essential oils and herbs to help her heal. She did go through chemo though. She had no nausea and after chemo, her hair started growing back immediately! I think the EO they used were called 'young living'."

Is that right? 

Quoting Precious333:

Praying for her! Im so sorry, cancer is a scary thing. I was at a friends house yesterdday because she was givjbg a presentatioj on essential oils and talked about her mom who had cancer and is now in remission. Thye took out all sugar from her diet, started juicing and usinf essential oils and herbs tl hell her heal. She did ho through chemo, had no nausea, and after cheml her hait started gtowing back immediately! I think the eo they used werr called young living.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Lol thanks!!! I needed that laugh.....and maybe a lesson on how to use a touchscreen keypad!

Quoting VintageWife:

Your phone has lost its mind. Let me translate that for you. Tell me if it's right.

"Praying for her! I'm so sorry. Cancer is a scary thing. I was at a friend's house yesterday because she was giving a presentation on essential oils and talked about her mom who had cancer and is now in remission. They took out all sugar from her diet, started juicing and using essential oils and herbs to help her heal. She did go through chemo though. She had no nausea and after chemo, her hair started growing back immediately! I think the EO they used were called 'young living'."

Is that right? 

Quoting Precious333:

VintageWife
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM

LOL! I just figured OP, in all her stress, would not want to try to figure out what 'tl hell her heal' meant. LOL! 

Quoting Precious333:

Lol thanks!!! I needed that laugh.....and maybe a lesson on how to use a touchscreen keypad!

Quoting VintageWife:

Is that right? 

Quoting Precious333:

TTC2Long
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Lol! Or proofreading. ;) You're right, though. There is an anti-cancer diet that is supposed to be AMAZING. Basically, because cancer cells feed on sugar, you cut all sugar from your diet - fruits, carbs, everything - and starve out the cancer. Then you add them back in. It's definitely something to seriously consider.

Op, sending love and prayers!

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting VintageWife:

Is that right? 

Quoting Precious333:

Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I am so sorry for your mother, thank you for the reminder.
madisonsmom2005
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Said a prayer. God bless!

~Jen~ Group Owner of Bringing Birth Home.    http://www.cafemom.com/group/116103                                                                                                              I am a home birthing, breastfeeding, midwife using, cloth diapering, delayed cord cutting, natural birthing type of mama!

Pregnancy%20ticker
hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Praying for you both. I just went through this with my mom last spring. She is now in remission and I wish the same results for your mom. ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)