Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

baby wearing

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 22 Replies
I have an extra hundred dollars to my name, and I would like to buy something to wear DS with.
He is 9 months, 22 pounds and 29 1/2 inches.
What would you suggest?
I have a knock of ergo I like but I can't clip it in the back alone.
I have always been interested in wraps but I'm not sure if he is too big for one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I wear my 2.5 & 4 yr old in a wrap, so definitely not. Too big for a stretchy wrap (Moby) for sure, but a woven wrap would be fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
And I would suggest maybe borrowing/renting one of each type (woven wrap, mei tai, beco/real ergo, ring sling) and see which one(s) you like. I dig my ring sling for my 2.5 yr old, I dig my wrap for my 4 yr old. All that's a personal preference.
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Where can I find a woven wrap?

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I wear my 2.5 & 4 yr old in a wrap, so definitely not. Too big for a stretchy wrap (Moby) for sure, but a woven wrap would be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I don't know anyone that baby wears except for the occasional crotchdangler.
Where can you rent thwhereem

Quoting MaryJarrett:

And I would suggest maybe borrowing/renting one of each type (woven wrap, mei tai, beco/real ergo, ring sling) and see which one(s) you like. I dig my ring sling for my 2.5 yr old, I dig my wrap for my 4 yr old. All that's a personal preference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I made mine but here are some brand names that are pretty popular (excuse any misspellings lol) Didymos, Girasol, BBslen, Natibaby, Vatanai, and Storchenweige. Pieceofcloth.com has a good selection. Thebabywearer has a buy/sale/trade forum where you can get used. I made mine following a tutorial on wearyourbaby.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Where can I find a woven wrap?

Quoting MaryJarrett:

MaryJarrett
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Usually local boutiques will let you rent for a month. You'll just have to ask around if you have like a baby boutique around you. My closest one is an hour away so I never got to rent.

Quoting pinkiebabii:

I don't know anyone that baby wears except for the occasional crotchdangler.

Where can you rent thwhereem

Quoting MaryJarrett:

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Ah man, if we were closer you could totally borrow my woven wrap. I haven't used it in months.
I love my mei tai (if I can figure out how to back carry better).

Please get rid of the not-ergo, from what I understand the counterfeits are not safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I will. I only use it very rarely.

Yeah your like 3 hours away:(
Did Hera like the wrap when you used it?

I would like something easy to nurse in too, I'm not too interested in back carrying but so is.

Quoting jellyphish:

Ah man, if we were closer you could totally borrow my woven wrap. I haven't used it in months.

Please get rid of the not-ergo, from what I understand the counterfeits are not safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Yes She really liked the wrap. She's very squirmy and it got a little too snug for her so I got a mei tai which allows a little more freedom for her to move around in. I'm actually Planning on getting the wrap out again and tying back carries with it. I prefer front carrying, but she's so tall now that her head is right in front of mine and shopping and eating and general functioning are becoming quite difficult.

I never figured out how to nurse comfortably in any of my carriers. :(

Quoting pinkiebabii:

I will. I only use it very rarely.

Yeah your like 3 hours away:(

Did Hera like the wrap when you used it?

I would like something easy to nurse in too, I'm not too interested in back carrying but so is.

Quoting jellyphish:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I have a Connecta Baby mei tai and love it! I also just ordered a Boba 3G, so I can't comment on that yet. I have a woven wrap and cannot get a good wrap with it; that is entirely user error. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN