Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Do you/Have you?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:49 AM
  • 56 Replies
Do you donate blood? Are you signed up to be an organ donor?
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Because i've been pregnant or breastfeeding i haven't donated blood a lot I'm 0+. I am signed up to be an organ donor if anything happens to me.
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I donated blood once, not sure I will do it again. Between pregnancy and BF I won't be eligible for several years anyway.

Organ donation, no. I would maybe do it if I knew someone who was going get the organ right then but I don't want to be used for medical testing or research.

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I donate every 8 weeks. Not on the list though.

I am A-, they need me :) LOL

larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Yes I have donated blood, I started as soon as I was old enough when I was 17. Since I had to have transfusions after the birth of my second 4 years ago, I'm unsure if I'm eligible to donate again yet, so I haven't since then.

Yes, I'm designated to be an organ donor.

To all those saying they can't donate blood because of breastfeeding: incorrect!! Breastfeeding is not a reason to not donate blood. Donate, do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM
You can donate blood while breastfeeding.

Quoting Sarah725:

Because i've been pregnant or breastfeeding i haven't donated blood a lot I'm 0+. I am signed up to be an organ donor if anything happens to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
You can donate blood while breastfeeding

Also, organ donors families still have to consent and they don't use your body for medical testing & research, lol. That would happen if you donated your body to science (my grandparents have done this), but not just by indicating you'd like to be an organ donor.

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

I donated blood once, not sure I will do it again. Between pregnancy and BF I won't be eligible for several years anyway.

Organ donation, no. I would maybe do it if I knew someone who was going get the organ right then but I don't want to be used for medical testing or research.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I can't donate blood I'm too small. I am a organ donor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
No on both. Due to hypertension and meds they wont allow me to donate. If i ever get it undercontrol and off meds i probably will.

Organ donation is just something i personally cant do because of my beliefs. But i am signef up as a bone marrow donor
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Yes and yes.

maddiesmommy5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM

yes and yes :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)