Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Birth in El Paso Tx

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone have any resources for that area? Through google search I only found ONE Birthing center and ONE midwife for that area. Im not keen on either one and for a city I KNOW there has to be more options. I think Id preffer to birth at a birthing cetner due to the jetted tub but can and will consider home birth as well with considering prices. I just need more options. More than one each will pop up but theyve gone out of business :/

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AlwaysKISA
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in el paso, as well. I actually found your post while googling midwives in the area....and just happened to see that you posted this very recently!
Add me....we can chat :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM
So far I have seen ani hagan, mary darling, katia lemone, and andrea ruizquez. Do you know which ones are out of business? I really like the look of ani hagan....i have been researching her more....but haven't called anyone yet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ozellarhea
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I would love to hear what you think of Ani Hagan and others. I am very early in the process. Any help or recommendations would be much appreciated!

Do you know if any of these midwives have doctor backup?

JennaFoix
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Ive spoke with Mary Darling on the phone. We currently are no in el paso so I havent been able to do the consultation with her But I will once we get there.

I just REALLY want to go to a birthing center, something about it makes me feel safe, m just not a fan of the one I found :/

AlwaysKISA
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I know what you mean. This city isn't very natural minded. None of the hospitals even have a birthing center :-/. I have heard of a place that basically advocates water birth in hospitals. They claim they will work with the hospital itself to get you the birth you want. I will try to find that for you.

Quoting JennaFoix:

Ive spoke with Mary Darling on the phone. We currently are no in el paso so I havent been able to do the consultation with her But I will once we get there.

I just REALLY want to go to a birthing center, something about it makes me feel safe, m just not a fan of the one I found :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)