Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

help with nausea....

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 28 Replies

I always am nauseaus, never did I feel this way with my other pregnancies. I am having such a hard time eating, and only have a hand full of things I can tolerate, and meat is NOT one of them! I was so hungry after church yesterday that I wanted souplantation, but my 2 yr old fell asleep so no one could wait, so I tried to make something, and everything made me want to throw up. So, I ate cereal. Then at dinner I felt so sick that I coldn't do anything, so I ate cereal again.  I wake up in the middle of the night feelng lke throwing up. I just don't know how to handle this. How do I eat when 99% of food makes me want to puke?

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skylarkdancer
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:11 PM
So sorry mama! I was the same way with my dd. I found that citrus fruits, vinegary/salty things and starches were what I could eat. Pasta salad that had the veggie pasta was ok too. Yogurt was also something I could eat. Also unisom was my last resort but I took it finally cause I coulsnt keep much down. It's a sleep med, but its over the counter and safe for baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Are you taking your rrl? Ginger and peppermint teas?
Sorry mama, hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM
You don't. This is why the body has stores of fat :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM

It's tough, I've gone through the same thing with both pregnancies.

Try to eat before you feel hungry and eat whatever sounds good. Not much really helps so I just suffer through it and it gets better eventually.

*hugs*

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Quoting jellyphish:

Are you taking your rrl? Ginger and peppermint teas?
Sorry mama, hope you feel better soon.

I have been taking rrl, which seems to help with during the day, but at night nothing works. I try to go to sleep early so I can sleep through the worse of it.  for some reason the ginger has not helped (tea or candy) and peppermint tea has helped as much as rrl has.

Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Quoting skylarkdancer:

So sorry mama! I was the same way with my dd. I found that citrus fruits, vinegary/salty things and starches were what I could eat. Pasta salad that had the veggie pasta was ok too. Yogurt was also something I could eat. Also unisom was my last resort but I took it finally cause I coulsnt keep much down. It's a sleep med, but its over the counter and safe for baby

same here, ut I have not been abl to eat yogurt.

AshleySail
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Are you taking any prenatals?
Garden of life raw prenatals have a Ginger supplement which might help..
They are food based vitamins, so they are very well absorbed into the body vs regular prenatals..
So even if you can't eat much, they will help with keeping the nutrients you need..
I hope that helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Quoting AshleySail:

Are you taking any prenatals?
Garden of life raw prenatals have a Ginger supplement which might help..
They are food based vitamins, so they are very well absorbed into the body vs regular prenatals..
So even if you can't eat much, they will help with keeping the nutrients you need..
I hope that helps!

I do, and I dont' know how wel they are, I want to do juice plus, but really I can't afford much right now. I also have vitamin B suppliments, I think they help if I can get them down!

jellyphish
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I just rediscovered my homeopathy 101 book, can I ask you some questions? Maybe we can find a remedy for you.
Do any of these sound like you:
*nausea with irritability
*with tearfulness
*constant nausea with vomiting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Quoting jellyphish:

I just rediscovered my homeopathy 101 book, can I ask you some questions? Maybe we can find a remedy for you.
Do any of these sound like you:
*nausea with irritability
*with tearfulness
*constant nausea with vomiting

you're awesome! All of these, excpet I dont' throw up (come close to it, but never did) I have been very irritable, and cry a lot, yesterday I cried because I was hungry and everything made me want to throw up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN