Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

103.2 temp

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 20 Replies

I just woke dd5 for a tepid bath  and some more tylenol b/c she  was 103.2. my ds(4mths) is awake and kinda needy tonight. dh is grumbling b/c i woke him to help me out.

he thinks i am going to extreams.

i think i'm preventing a higher temp, seizures, and a trip to the er.

who is right?

sorry for any typo, typing one handed with the 'help' of ds(4mth)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
one_on_the_way
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Well....130.2 is a serious typo.....

but, I will say...103.2 is certainly worth paying attention to.  

one_on_the_way
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I am not familiar with the Natural Birth and Parenting group...........do you, as a parent, give medicine like tylenol or ibuprofen?  Or do you rely on natural remedies?

FebPenguins
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Well....130.2 is a serious typo.....

but, I will say...103.2 is certainly worth paying attention to.  

yes 103.2 so sorry will fix that! Laughing at myself!!!!

FebPenguins
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Quoting one_on_the_way:

I am not familiar with the Natural Birth and Parenting group...........do you, as a parent, give medicine like tylenol or ibuprofen?  Or do you rely on natural remedies?

yes, added that it was also time for more tylenol. i think what freaked him out was that i am writing dow time&temp so i can keep track of when ive given the tylenol

one_on_the_way
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting one_on_the_way:

yes, added that it was also time for more tylenol. i think what freaked him out was that i am writing dow time&temp so i can keep track of when ive given the tylenol

Writing down temp and time of giving medicine is completely normal and responsible!  When my son has had a fever, I alternat tylenol and ibuprofen (I follow the directions on the box as far as dosage and time frame)........I always write it down because having a sick child gets in the way of mentally keeping track of when you gave medicine (which medicine and how much).  

You are doing exactly what you should be doing.  I hope your DH helps you out!  

FebPenguins
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM

i should mention that he is usually very good, i have been quite stressed with recent news~my mother was just diagnosed with breast cancer. and having sleep deprivation b/c i have a baby(4mths). anyway, just wanting to hear that i am ding allright~know what i mean?

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting FebPenguins:

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Writing down temp and time of giving medicine is completely normal and responsible!  When my son has had a fever, I alternat tylenol and ibuprofen (I follow the directions on the box as far as dosage and time frame)........I always write it down because having a sick child gets in the way of mentally keeping track of when you gave medicine (which medicine and how much).  

You are doing exactly what you should be doing.  I hope your DH helps you out!  

MaryJarrett
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm with your DH about the extremes. I'm with you that he should help out.

Rapid temperature changes (going up too fast and coming down too fast) causes the seizures, not really a steady high or a steady low temp.
We avoid meds unless the child is lethargic, miserable, unable to sleep, things like that.
Fever is how your body naturally fights off anything bad. It doesn't become effective until over 102° so 103 isn't that concerning.

Are there other symptoms?
If not, her sleeping is the best thing for her. Let her rest! Keep her hydrated! And watch for dehydration, lethargy, and other symptoms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I think a temp that high definitely warrants attention. I hope she is feeling better soon!

MaryJarrett
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Most of us stick with natural things first then use medications as last straws. :)

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Let her sleep. Never wake a child to medicate for fever. She heals while sleeping.
It isn't how high the temp gets its how fast it rises. Of at age 5 she's never had a febrile seizure not likely she will since most kids grow out of them by age 5-6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)