Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

ISO: toddler snack ideas

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 36 Replies

Looking for ideas for toddler snacks that are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and soy-free.

And of course without refined sugar, corn syrups, additives, etc.

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything aside from fruits and veggies (with/without a nut butter), eggs, and meats.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlexSosa
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Do you make your own gluten-free bread? I often keep a peanut butter sandwich with me for lunch whenever I leave the house. You can also make homemade trail mix, I just use raisins, peanuts, and chocolate. But thats for me, and I dont get many sweets because of food limitations.

larissalarie
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I think once you eliminate all those nasties, that's about all you're left with! We also do nuts and occasionally dried fruits like raisins for on the go.
If you have a dehydrator, you can make dried veggie chips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I don't, we try to avoid all grains.

Quoting AlexSosa:

Do you make your own gluten-free bread? I often keep a peanut butter sandwich with me for lunch whenever I leave the house. You can also make homemade trail mix, I just use raisins, peanuts, and chocolate. But thats for me, and I dont get many sweets because of food limitations.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Ooh I'll try the veggie chips. He doesn't like dried apples but he's a huge fan of veggies so maybe those would work for a portable snack.

He loves nut butters but doesn't have enough molars yet to chew nuts :)

Quoting larissalarie:

I think once you eliminate all those nasties, that's about all you're left with! We also do nuts and occasionally dried fruits like raisins for on the go.
If you have a dehydrator, you can make dried veggie chips.

littlelambe2
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:16 PM

what about dehydrated bananas? does hummus work in to your diet? DD loves hummus with celery

littlelambe2
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM

DD also loved frozen blueberries for a snack. It's not portable, it can become messy, but it is a little different than just having fruit.

mrsrobin
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Peanut/sun butter in celery with nuts/seeds in it, or rasins. Dried fruits, homemade pureed fruit strips, homemade jerky,.that almond yogurt stuff (made with almond milk instead of dairy), kim chi...

That's all I got of the top of my head. Why such a restrictive diet for a child?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM
I heard a great idea of settng out a muffin tray for kids to graze on throughout the day. I can include fruits and veggies with dips ( like hummas), you can add nuts as well, maybe some gfdf muffins.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quoting Precious333:

I heard a great idea of settng out a muffin tray for kids to graze on throughout the day. I can include fruits and veggies with dips ( like hummas), you can add nuts as well, maybe some gfdf muffins.

great idea!
catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Dr Sears nibble tray.. fill with bits of veggies, fruits, dips, etc.  

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)