Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Looking for ideas for toddler snacks that are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and soy-free.

And of course without refined sugar, corn syrups, additives, etc.

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything aside from fruits and veggies (with/without a nut butter), eggs, and meats.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Replies (31-36):
illegallyblonde
by Stephany on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I wonder why they would put sugar in it...yeah I would be floored. Another reason not to buy it from the store. Lol. I don't even like to put a lot of olive oil in it.

Quoting FrumpyMama:

You would be FLOORED at how many store brands put Sugar in Hummus....found that out when I cut sugar from my diet. 

Quoting illegallyblonde:

Hummus doesn't have sugar in it.

Quoting FrumpyMama:

It depends on the brand. I buy ours from our Co-op, doesn't even have sugar in it. 

Quoting larissalarie:

The store bought stuff, although tasty, is full of cheap oil (even the "olive oil" ones don't have much olive oil) and preservatives.

Quoting larissalarie:

Heck yeah! I just made a big batch 2 days ago, mmmmmmm!

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Homemade hummus?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM
That was my thought too. How gross would that be anyway?!

Quoting illegallyblonde:

Quoting FrumpyMama:

It depends on the brand. I buy ours from our Co-op, doesn't even have sugar in it. 

Quoting larissalarie:

The store bought stuff, although tasty, is full of cheap oil (even the "olive oil" ones don't have much olive oil) and preservatives.

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Homemade hummus?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Yep, here too! My boys love to have "dip" for everything, so they go through a decent amount and then I've got a love of the stuff...

Quoting illegallyblonde:

I make a big batch about twice a week. Lol. There are always been soaking at my house.

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Homemade hummus?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM

because everything has sugar in it nowadays. Nothing is sacred. I'd make mine at home if I wasn't the only person who ate it. I've tried with both my kids, but I think the texture throws them.

Quoting illegallyblonde:

I wonder why they would put sugar in it...yeah I would be floored. Another reason not to buy it from the store. Lol. I don't even like to put a lot of olive oil in it.

Quoting FrumpyMama:

You would be FLOORED at how many store brands put Sugar in Hummus....found that out when I cut sugar from my diet. 

Quoting illegallyblonde:

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Homemade hummus?

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM

We do fruit chips

stephanieannmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Happy Baby is a great brand of snacks and stuff ofr babies and toddlers, the only problem is they are expesnive.  They make probiotic melts (yogurt and fruit), fruit purees with veggies for babies and toddlers in a snack pouch, they make Kale and cheese puffs (liek cheetos-but not, of course) and these things I equate to cherios (but they have .5 grams of suagar for 75 pieces!  NON GMO, ORGANIC, NO BPA, endorsed by Dr. Sears

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN