Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else grain free?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
Has anyone else gone completely grain free? Did you have an adjustment period? My stomach seems so screwed up right now and I honestly thought it would be the opposite. I cut out carbs, starches, most fruits, & grains. Basically everything that will turn to sugar or has high sugar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aeroslove
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:37 PM

My midwife from WA State wanted me to go on a Gluten Free diet at the time. I couldnt do it, only because i never have so it was too hard. The reason she wanted me to do this was because i have a history of Yeast infections. And she was worried that once the baby passed thru the birth canal and out he would get a yeast infection. But he didnt. She told me that it comes from being a child and getting too much antibiotics into the system. So the more antibiotics a person gets the more a women is going to get a Yeast infection. I cut out bad sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Dairy etc. I am straight 100% vegan. I dont eat vegan processed foods either.

I eat all fruits and vegetables, Lentils etc. I do occasionaly use Raw Sugar for my Tea's and Coffee. But i dont get Yeast infections anymore. I am also allergy senstivive to Gluten/Wheat... I bloat up like crazy, i look like 6 months pregnant so i cut it out completely. I would serious Acne and mood swings.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM
OK thanks for sharing because I was wondering if you feel worse before you feel better. I'm having the same problem. I kept getting sick with ear and sinus infections. My tonsils and adenoids need to be taken out. I was taking so many antibiotics back to back. I keep getting yeast infections. It's really crazy because the only time I've ever gotten them is when taking antibiotics. I'm sure they screwed my youngest childs gut up (2-3 doses!). And I think my son has yeast overgrowth in his gut. He has autism. I'm going totally gluten free as well. I'm debating being totally grain free for good if it helps me feel better

Quoting aeroslove:

My midwife from WA State wanted me to go on a Gluten Free diet at the time. I couldnt do it, only because i never have so it was too hard. The reason she wanted me to do this was because i have a history of Yeast infections. And she was worried that once the baby passed thru the birth canal and out he would get a yeast infection. But he didnt. She told me that it comes from being a child and getting too much antibiotics into the system. So the more antibiotics a person gets the more a women is going to get a Yeast infection. I cut out bad sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Dairy etc. I am straight 100% vegan. I dont eat vegan processed foods either.

I eat all fruits and vegetables, Lentils etc. I do occasionaly use Raw Sugar for my Tea's and Coffee. But i dont get Yeast infections anymore. I am also allergy senstivive to Gluten/Wheat... I bloat up like crazy, i look like 6 months pregnant so i cut it out completely. I would serious Acne and mood swings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM

We're mostly grain-free.

I had an adjustment period but since we still eat grains like rice and quinoa it maybe wasn't as drastic as going completely grain-free. I was thinking it was kind of like a detox - feel worse, then get better.

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:17 PM

BUMP for the grain-free..  :o)

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:18 PM

We do not limit grains, other than to being whole as much as possible. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  -  make friends and share advice
             on breastfeeding, babywearing, bedsharing, and natural living! ♥

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I think that is the complete opposite of my diet. I wouldn't know how to go grain and fruit free, unless I had to.
I hope you feel better soon :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annelauer
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Wow.  I never even thought of going completely grain free.  Completely all grains?  I am interested to hear how it goes.  Please keep us posted.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Thanks I definitely will. My kids are totally addicted to rice & any other food that turns to sugar in your body. It's not easy! We are getting creative though

Quoting annelauer:

Wow.  I never even thought of going completely grain free.  Completely all grains?  I am interested to hear how it goes.  Please keep us posted.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Lol yeah we ate mostly rice meals because we cook gluten free. And fruit has been our go to food for snacks. My kids have gotten to the point where they were only wanting rice, rice noodles, potatoes, and fries. We can still eat strawberries, black berries, red raspberries, blueberries, and grapefruit.

Quoting hapababies:

I think that is the complete opposite of my diet. I wouldn't know how to go grain and fruit free, unless I had to.

I hope you feel better soon :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aeroslove
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Yes, if you go Grain/gluten/wheat free you cant go back lol. Its going to mess u up again. I dont ever do any Vaccines or Antiobiotics. But if my kids get sick with a fever i let it just pass on its own. they only get sick once a year with a fever. I buy Homeopathic Remedies for it and Natural vegan cough syrup for sore throat and to get them to sleep at night.

Quoting jconney80:

OK thanks for sharing because I was wondering if you feel worse before you feel better. I'm having the same problem. I kept getting sick with ear and sinus infections. My tonsils and adenoids need to be taken out. I was taking so many antibiotics back to back. I keep getting yeast infections. It's really crazy because the only time I've ever gotten them is when taking antibiotics. I'm sure they screwed my youngest childs gut up (2-3 doses!). And I think my son has yeast overgrowth in his gut. He has autism. I'm going totally gluten free as well. I'm debating being totally grain free for good if it helps me feel better

Quoting aeroslove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)