Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting
Has anyone else gone completely grain free? Did you have an adjustment period? My stomach seems so screwed up right now and I honestly thought it would be the opposite. I cut out carbs, starches, most fruits, & grains. Basically everything that will turn to sugar or has high sugar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Replies (21-29):
JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I was but my body couldn't adjust. I do really well on cutting everything but rice.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I understand!

Quoting larissalarie:

Yeah probably so, but she loves cheese too much to give it up

Quoting jconney80:

That sucks! It could be dairy maybe? Dairy does that to me

Quoting larissalarie:

The only grain I'm completely free of is gluten and no I didn't notice any stomach issues.

My Mom has been Atkins for years, so definitely no grains, and she still always seems to have (TMI) diarrhea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:57 PM
It is hard I won't lie. I feel so hungry a lot still

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I was but my body couldn't adjust. I do really well on cutting everything but rice.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Yes I was but unfortunately it wasn't enough. It wrecked my body basically. I take strong Probiotics.=(

Quoting MirWoo:

Have you been taking probiotics? Taking a lot of antibiotics can kill the good bacteria, too.

jconney80
by Group Mod on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I will update over time. I am taking it slowly with my kids because they're young and super picky. It took about 3 days to stop screaming at every meal

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

no but Im very seriously considering this for our family!!
mommathea
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hubby and I have been talking about this for the last couple of days. I'm in the middle of reading Wheat Belly.  It is very interesting, and leaves me wondering if we actually malt the plunge, how many little ailments it could help with.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM

When I first eliminated wheat I was *starving* for days. Part of it was withdrawal and part of it was having a hard time finding things to eat. It gets better though!

www.wellnessmama.com has a lot of family friendly grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free recipes and information.

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM

That was a really insightful book.

Quoting mommathea:

Hubby and I have been talking about this for the last couple of days. I'm in the middle of reading Wheat Belly.  It is very interesting, and leaves me wondering if we actually malt the plunge, how many little ailments it could help with.

mommathea
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz:

When I first eliminated wheat I was *starving* for days. Part of it was withdrawal and part of it was having a hard time finding things to eat. It gets better though!

www.wellnessmama.com has a lot of family friendly grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free recipes and information.

Quoting jconney80:

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I love the wellness mama 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN