Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

Midwife in my area...

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM
  • 5 Replies

DH and I are TTC#3. I currently see the same OB/GYN I have been for the last 9 years, however, after getting a "highly suggested" epidural during the last delivery and not having much memory of it, I want to do a home birth with a midwife. DH agrees. We have talked numerous times, but idk anyone personally who has done this. I also do not know where to look for a midwife, considering I have only used my OB. 

Any fond memories, or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks gals!

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Precious333
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Well, what i did was call my birthinf instructer for recommendations, and i also had friends who had homebirths. You can also do a googld search.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Do a google search for your state's midwifery coalition/organization. If there isn't a midwife in your immediate area, you might be able to find one by contacting one of the other midwives in your state.

A local La Leche League group, homeschool coop, natural foods coop, etc. might be places to ask too.

Mrs.Salz
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Also do a google search for doulas or childbirth educators in your area and ask for recommendations.

GoodyBrook
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Even if you've not had a c-section, you could contact your local ICAN (international c-section awareness network), as they are a great resource of non-mainstream providers...

In addition to a midwife, I also suggest you look into having a doula present at your birth.

FrumpyMama
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Birth Partners helped me find mine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN