Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What was your Dh's take on the birth?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cynthje
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Mine does fine, he knows me and knows i prefer to labor solo and do not like people fussing over me so he just leaves it up to me, he knows that if i need him i will let him know. Hes great at bringing me tea and stuff like that!

hapababies
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I have said the same thing. I joke with him that that is the one thing in our relationship that he does completely right.

Quoting Precious333:

I joke and say my dh could totally be a doula! He is 100% there at my births.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
One-n-Counting
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM

My first was a hospital birth and Dh felt "powerless" and didn't know how to help me. 

My second he read and studied up for our home birth and bragged about how he helped me labor. 

My third (home-birth) he was present and comforting and the best doula I could have asked for!

littlelambe2
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Dh is in the waiting room, only popping into the labor room a couple times for a few minutes. We both like it that way! Haha. Which is so odd because we do everything else together. 

MrsKish
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM

no, lol my DH will be badysitting the other kids. i rather it just be my sister and the doula

GoodyBrook
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM

With my recent VBAC, DH helped me through our first 20 hours of labor until the doula was called.  I couldn't have done it without his help (and we both wouldn't have made it through the last 4 hours without the doula!)

Mitzi31
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:12 AM

DH was great! He spent a lot of time messaging me. Looking forward to the next! :-)

LondonsMomma84
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM

My DH was awesome. Being at home this time made him so much calmer and more steady. I clung to him while I pushed my baby out.

KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Hubs was fantastic! I was so surprised! He help my leg, my hand, gave me kisses on my cheek and forehead, and whispered encouraging words to me at the same time. I really thought I'd be annoyed with him there, but I couldn't have done it without him. He watched the whole thing. 

Thankfully, he doesn't have a weak stomach. The Army did that. Lol. He described the birth as "Cool!"

MirWoo
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM

With my first birth, poor DH didn't know how to take it, and I didn't either, really. He kind of left me alone to labor, but he really helped out when I got in the tub to birth. But, by the time we had our second at home, he was an expert! lol   I call him my "dude-la." He applied counter pressure and helped me move around, and I really couldn't have done it without him. We are set for our third birth at the end of March/first of April, and I expect him to be just as helpful. My husband has learned so much and is always talking to people about our experience and totally encourages natural birth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN