Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Birth & Parenting Natural Birth & Parenting

What was your Dh's take on the birth?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sarah725
by Group Mod - Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM
My DH didnt do much but talk to people on the phone, telling them i was in labor. So annoying.
lhiannan
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:30 AM

My dh hasn't been there yet, but I'm hiring a doula, because I think he could use some direction.  He's a natural worrier, and I think it's going to be difficult for him.

Lurion
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM

My husband was great at the births--and still has the scars on his hands where I clawed him, to prove it. :) 

saral2790
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Df was so helpful during my labor he actually surprised me lol I thought he'd be really annoying but he handled everything perfectly
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeforchrist
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM

with my first, i wouldn't have had my homebirth without him. When I was ready to give up he kept me going. ANd he rubbed my back for 30 hours!

my second I couldnt bare a contraction unless he held me up. I think i'd probably die if he weren't with me at my births :)

TrentsMom84
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Mine was my doula at my first, second time around I hired an actual doula and he took care of ds and took pictures.  It worked out much better second time around!

mylilprincesses
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:08 PM

i wish my husband was there for my last birth.. he told me that he wished he would have been there to help me and delivery our baby. :(

JoJoBean8
by Group Mod on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM

My husband felt like he was in the way but he was a bi help to me

joyful_mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM

That is my dh too. It is awesome to hear him go on about the benefits of natural birth and how unnecessary so much of what is 'routine' is. :)

Quoting MirWoo:

With my first birth, poor DH didn't know how to take it, and I didn't either, really. He kind of left me alone to labor, but he really helped out when I got in the tub to birth. But, by the time we had our second at home, he was an expert! lol   I call him my "dude-la." He applied counter pressure and helped me move around, and I really couldn't have done it without him. We are set for our third birth at the end of March/first of April, and I expect him to be just as helpful. My husband has learned so much and is always talking to people about our experience and totally encourages natural birth.

Pregnancy%20ticker

http://livinginjoyfulchaos.blogspot.com/
Make a pregnancy ticker
Brandy85412
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:55 PM

My husband is great. I couldn't do it without him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN